Sleepless

Zayn's P.O.V.

We haven't hugged her in days. It's terrible. The look in her eyes, confused and lonely. She's dying on the inside and it's killing me. I just want to play with her hair, kiss her cheek, embrace her. But I can't. We're sitting on a plane to Spain. I look at her, her face pale and hidden behind those beautiful golden locks, as always. But she looks different. Normally she shines, her happiness overwhelmes everyone, fights your fears away. The smile is there, of course. Even though that sparkle in her eyes is gone. It's replaced by jealousy, I think.

"Our limo is waiting at the backside of the airport." Liam explaines us when we land. The place is filled with fans. They even made bords for Julie. I wave to them and take a few pictures. But my mind keeps slipping away to my broken heart. I know, Niall's the one suffering the most. I hug him, letting him know it's bothering me too. "I miss it." He whispers silent. "Me too." He said it. Not her. She's still here. He misses the memories, the hugs and the laughs. He misses the way she flourished, like a sunflower. Now she's just a shadow of what she used to be. Maybe she wilted, but I don't think so. She didn't loose her colour or her wonderfull smell. She's just doing her best to hide it. I hope.

"Night Zayn." That's what everyone said... Three houres ago. It's 1.30 in the morning but I'm still wide awake. My mind is like a battlefield. And my thoughts are the soldiers. They're all fighting for my attention. My concern is the price. I just want everything to be normal again. No mental wars. So I can sleep, dream maybe. But this isn't normal. It'll never be. I get out of bed to get a glass of water, my routine since the day I found out about Noah's jealousy. She broke our hearts. Crushed them one by one. But hers is crushed too. It's ripped apart, broken, cutted into pieces. So I can't help myself from taking a look in her room. I expect to see her sleeping, wrapped in the white blanket. Not this time. She's sitting against the wall with her knees pulled up. That's not the only thing that changed. Her eyes. They're closed, but not relaxed. They're filled with tears... I walk in. "Zayn?" She whispers softly, not even opening her eyes. I don't answer and she starts crying harder. "I'm here, love." Her eyes slowly open, hesitating. Like she's afraid to open them, thinking I might be gone. "Zayn." She repeats, as if she's trying to convinse herself I'm really here. I want to hug her so badly. Hold her, untill she can't breath. And I do. I can't help myself. I embrace her like I've never done before. And she hides herself in my arms, crying in my shirt. I needed this, she needed this. It's broken, it's wrong, it's sad. But above all, it's perfect. "What's wrong, love?" She looks up. "I can't sleep." She's hiding everything. "Me neither. If we're both sleepless, at least we can be sleepless together." I run my fingers through her hair. "Come on." I lay my hands around her waist. Warming her cold body. Warming her cold soul. She's freezing, just like when I first saw her. I remember it like it was yesterday. That little girl, trying to hide herself behind Niall. That's what she's trying to do again, but she has no one to hide behind. My heart breaks in a million pieces when I realise this. She has no one.

I wake up to Louis' screaming. "Zayn, wake up! We need to talk to you now! How could you?" He seems really upset. Then I remember our deal. Fuck. I look at Noah, she's hiding behind me with her back pressed to the wall. She's scared, I realize in shock. But no, I have to go. I broke my promis and I'll have to pay for it. So I leave her alone, cold and miserable. My poor little devil.

"Zayn?!" Harry yells as soon as I reach the livingroom. "I thought we had a deal?!" They all say. "I'm sorry, guys. I know we have. But I just couldn't help myself. She was crying, she was fucking crying." So am I when I end the sentence. "That's still not a reason, okay?" Louis says. "But Lou-" "No don't you dare to Louis me. You always fuck it up with Noah. Just like you did that night." He yells at me with pure anger. "I comforted her. That's all! And you're one to talk, mister perfect. I saw that message you got from a girl named 'R'. You hid her, eventhough she said mean things about Noah." I quickly stop talking when I notice he freezes. "I-I-I don't even know who she is!" He exclaims. "Guys, stop. Explain this to me." Liam stops us. I steal Louis' selfphone from his pocket and show him the message. It surprises me Louis hasen't deleted it yet. "Louis, what's this?" He's not angry, but dissapointed. We're all dissapointed, in EVERYONE. That's how it's going since Julie came. But that's not her fault, of course. It's ours, it's Noah's. "A few days ago I got this message. I have no idea who this person is, or even how she got my number. That's why I didn't delete it. You have to believe me." He's whispering now with his eyes pointed at the ground. You see. Everyone makes mistakes.

Noah's P.O.V.

I was so glad last night when he came. He saved me. If he hadn't come, she would've. I saw her at the door. But Zayn did came. He really did. It's only for once, I know. At least I know that they haven't forgot about me. "Zayn?! How could you do this?" I hear Harry yell in the livingroom. I try, but I can't focus on what he says. Her words are on replay. I hear them over and over again. Every time my heart breaks. I don't know if I'll ever be able to fix it again. Not by myself, that's for sure. "Love, you know you can tell me everything, right?" I startle when Niall comes and sits next to me on the bed. "No Niall, I wish I could, but I can't."