Chapter 25: Confusion

- Takami's POV - 

My eyes widened after what I just heard. Does Aki like me or not? At the amusement park, he said he hasn't found the one yet, and now he's saying he likes me? 

"I understand." The girl said and quickly ran away. 

Aki sighed and went back to the classroom. 

I continued to stand still with my mouth wide open. "What just happened?"

In the Classroom

I sat down in my seat and looked over at Aki, who was already looking at me. Immediately, I turned my head to avoid eye contact. 

"You feeling better?" He looked at me worried. 

I looked at him then down. "Yeah, I feel fine now." 

"That's great." Aki smiled brightly. 

My heart started to beat really fast. "Um... Aki..." 

"Yeah?" 

"Huh... Did you know pigs can fly!!!" I shouted as I closed my eyes. 

Everyone in my class looked at me weirdly. 

Aki tilted his head. "Huh?" 

I blushed harder out of embarrassment. "You know... pigs..." 

"Do you have a fever?" He came closer to me and put his hand on my forehead. "Woah, you're heating up." 

I blushed even harder than before. "I should probably go to the nurse." I fake giggled. I walked toward the door and forgot to open it. Immediately, I fell down on the floor and crawled my way out of the classroom. 

Ms. Ono, then, entered the room. "Everyone take your seats." 

In the Hallways

I sighed. "What's wrong with boys...?" I looked to my right and saw Junto in an empty classroom picking a kimono. "You trying to decide what to wear for the Cherry Blossom Festival?" I entered the room. 

Junto continued to look at the kimonos. "I just don't know. The one with blue ocean waves with the black fabric or the one with red flames with the black fabric?" 

I walked closer to him and looked at the kimonos. "I prefer the blue ocean waves; it'll really make your blue eyes stand out." 

"Eh, I'll ask Sachie about it. Also, why did you come? Don't you have class?" He crossed his arms. 

"Aki said he didn't like anyone and now he's saying he likes me... I just don't understand..." I crossed my arms as well. 

"He probably just realized his feelings for you." 

My face went blank and I blinked twice. "Oh right. I never thought about that." 

Junto giggled. "Seriously?" 

"Okay, problem solved. Now, why are you here? Don't you have class too?" I sat on top of the desk. 

"I'm student council president, I have duties." He sat on top of another desk. 

"Are your duties picking out a kimono for you to wear?" I giggled. 

Junto giggled as well. "You should probably get to class." 

"Nah, I don't feel like learning right now." I smiled. 

Sachie, then, entered the empty classroom. "Ms. Ono is asking where you are, Takami." 

I sighed and got off the desk. "I guess, I'll see you later, Junto." I turned around and smiled. 

- Junto's POV - 

"You figure out which kimono you wanna wear yet?" Sachie walked closer to me and tilted her head. 

"No, not really. What do you think?" 

She looked over at the two kimonos on the teacher's desk. "I prefer the one with red flames, makes you look fierce." She, then, touched my leg. 

Flashback

Takami walked closer to me and looked at the kimonos. "I prefer the blue ocean waves; it'll really make your blue eyes stand out." 

Back to the Present 

I got off the desk and grabbed blue ocean waves kimono. "I think I'll go with this one. I think it makes my eyes pop out." 

Sachie smiled. "Anything you wear would look nice." 

"Thanks. I appreciate it."