Chapter 15: Moon Watching

- Takami's POV - 

6:39 PM

"Mom, where did you put my white mini dress?" I looked in my closet. 

My mom walked from the living room to my room. "Didn't I put it on your bed?" 

"No, I can't find it." I looked under my bed. 

"Maybe I can help," Kenta said as he held my dress in front of my room. 

"Great, now hand it over." I walked to get the dress but Kenta moved the dress away. 

"Wait, if I give you the dress, I have one condition." He closed his eyes and smirked. 

I looked behind at mom. "How did you raise?" 

Mom sighed. "Kenta, just give your sister the dress." 

"I want something from you, Takami." He looked at me. 

I put my hand on my hip. "Fine, what do you want?" 

"I want a date with Akihiro!" 

My mom's face and mine went blank. "Huh?" 

"Look, Kenta, I don't have time for this." I tried to grab the dress again but Kenta moved it back. 

"I'm serious! I really want to know how it feels to have an older brother!" He yelled in my face. 

"But you have an older sister?" Mom questioned. 

"Oh, please." 

Cross-popping veins appeared on my forehead. "Fine, if you give me my dress back, you can... HANG OUT with Aki." 

Kenta smiled widely. "Yas! Thanks, sis." He ran back to his room. 

I sighed and looked at Mom. "Seriously, how did you raise him?"

Mom sweat-dropped. 

5 Minutes Later

"Sweetie, you look great." Mom clapped for me. 

"Thanks, Mom. I hope he likes it." I looked down to make sure everything looked nice. 

"Could it be you have a crush on Akihiro?"

I blushed. "What are you talking about?" I awkwardly giggled. "There's no way I like... Okay, fine, I like him, but you can't tell him when he gets here." 

"I won't. I was a teenager too, you know." 

Door Bell Rings

"That must be Aki." I walked to the entrance and opened the door. "Hey, Aki." 

I looked at Aki and saw him wearing a plain white t-shirt with navy shorts. "Hey, Takami. You look nice." 

I looked down and blushed. "Um... thanks." 

"Aww." 

I looked back at my mom and she started to whistle. I smiled. "Shall we go?" 

"Yeah." 

I took one step closer to Aki and I heard someone running down the stairs. 

"Akihiro!" Kenta suddenly hugged him. 

"Kenta!" My mouth dropped to the floor. 

"Hey, Kenta. What's up?" Aki smiled and didn't mind that Kenta was on him. 

"We can hang out sometime, right?" Kenta looked at him with his puppy dog eyes. 

Aki sweat-dropped. "Sure, why not? It'll be fun." 

"Yas!" Kenta got off of him and ran back up to his room. 

I put my hand over my face and shook my head. "Sorry about him. He just wants a big brother." 

"It's no problem. I bet it's gonna be fun spending time with him." 

I smiled. Wow, he's a really good person. "Shall we go now?" 

"Yeah." 

I closed the door and walked with Aki to school. "Thanks for picking me up." 

Aki put his hands in his pockets. "It's fine. It's better if we walk to Ueno Park together." 

I looked at him. "Why?" I asked. 

"If we went to the park separately, we probably wouldn't find each other, since the school is so big." 

"Or we could've asked some students." 

Aki's face went blank. "Pfft, yeah. I knew that." He looked away and walked ahead. 

I smiled and then realized he was a block away. "Wait! Why are you walking so fast!" 

"We're gonna miss the Moon Watching if we don't hurry up!" He continued to walk fast. 

At Ueno Park

I huffed to catch my breath. "Why... you... why... hold up..." 

Aki giggled. "See look we're early. Now we can get the good spot." We walked into the park and tried to find the hill that was in the flyer. 

"I think I found it!" I pointed at the hill. I ran over to it and sat down under the cherry blossom tree. "This is the perfect spot." 

"Why?" He asked. 

"Because if we sit here, we can some cherry blossom with the moon." I smiled and patted the grass for him to sit. 

He sat down next to me. "Yeah, you're right. I can't wait till the moon comes up." 

I put my legs near my chest and covered my face. "This is really nice. I'm glad I got to do this with you." 

"Yeah, we didn't get to do this stuff before I left." He looked up at the sky. "Look, Takami, I'm really sorry for leaving and not telling you." 

I looked at him and then at the grass. "It's fine, I'm just happy you're here now. That's what matters." 

Aki yawned and put his head on my shoulder. "Tell me when they get here." He closed his eyes. 

My heart started to beat really fast. I can feel Aki's hair next to my neck. "I really missed you," I whispered. 

"Same here." Aki smiled while his eyes were still closed. 

"Hey, what you guys doing!" Sachie yelled and ran over to us. 

We quickly separated. "Just saving the best spots." 

Junto sat next to me, Haru sat next to Aki, and Sachie sat next to Junto while everyone else surrounded us. 

"You excited?" Junto asked me. 

"Yeah, to watch the moon with my friends. It's really nice." I smiled. 

"The full moon's coming!" Sachie pointed at the full moon. 

My eyes and smile widened. "Pretty."

From my peripheral, I saw a hand almost touching my hand. I waited until I felt something but I didn't. I looked down at my hand and saw Aki's hand near mine.