best kiss

100% inspired by 1-800-BITCHIN
unedited

you are nervous.
nervous that you're sitting at the mtv awards next to your best friend- or crush, no. costar, finn wolfhard.

you both were nominated for the best kiss award, after playing a couple in a movie. and yeah, you of course fell for him. i mean how can you not?

once they started announcing your names, your palms started to sweat. your breathing slightly increased, finn noticed.

"hey are you okay?" finn asks and looks at your with a smile.

"oh yes definitely, 100% fine that hundreds of people will watch, or rewatch us kiss, and then possibly watch is awkwardly walk onto stage. i mean how do you say a speech for kissing someone??" you ramble.

"y/n, it's fine. we will be together, there is nothing to worry about!" finn says trying to cheer you up. it works a little.

"and the winner is... y/n l/n and finn wolfhard!" someone you forget the name of says.

"holy shit," you hear finn say, and your mouth just drops slightly. you know the cameras are on you. finn slowly gives you a hug, and grabs your hand. you two start walking onto the stage, smiles on both of your faces.

you get handed the award, "oh! hi!! thank you for voting for finn and i, we really appreciate it." you say, standing on your tippy toes to reach the microphone.

"yeah! thanks for watching us kiss and then voting!" finn says with a laugh. "wanna see us kiss again?" finn asks the crowd, you stand there confused, your brow noticeably furrows.

"finn they already saw the clip, remember?" you ask, still confused. the crowd cheers, and finn just looks st you with a smile.

he shrugs, "i guess that's a yeah," he mutters. finn slowly cups your cheeks and leans in, at first youre shocked, but then you kiss back, you blush and you don't hear anyone. it sounds cringy but it feels as if this moment lasted forever, like no one else was around. you both slowly pull away, you smile incredibly wide as finn yells a thank you and drags you back stage, hand in hand.

"y/n," finn quietly says, "will you be my girlfriend?"

"yes," you whisper, and give him the biggest hug.