homecoming

unedited & finn isn't a celebrity in this ee

november 21st, homecoming.
you sigh and run your hands through your hair. everyone in your small highschool in vancouver knew you and finn liked eachother. but why, why you? you're no one special. he's such a good, funny and talented guy. why would he ever want to date someone like you? he can't like you back, it's impossible.

"y/n! stop overthinking everything! i cant tell you are, come on let's go to my house," your best friend audrey says. you've been friends since you were 3.

you sigh again, "fine, what are we even going to do though?"

"let's plan what to wear for homecoming, it's in three days and all the good dresses are gonna be out of stock!" she says, and gently drags you out of the school. you two walk to audrey's house, just talking about everyday things. you guys could go on for hours about nothing together.

"so, who are you going with?" audrey asks.

"audrey, you already know who i want to go with will not ask me," you say with a slight frown.

"shut up. stop. he likes it and i know it, hell- everyone knows it except you!" she snaps back, and you just roll your eyes in response. you guys get to audrey's, and start to look online for dresses.

you both laugh about dumb things and plan to get ready together. you pick out a short black dress, and audrey picks out a light pink dress. sometimes you're opposites. you agree to do eachothers makeup, since you're both decent at it. a couple hours go by and you sadly have to go home.
•••
wednesday arrives and you and audrey plan to go shopping on thursday, kinda last minute but you'll make it work. school ends, and you go to your locker to make sure you don't forget anything before you go home. you open your locker, and a note falls out. your eyebrows furrow in confusion, but you bend down and pick it up. you unfold it and it says,

"hey, y/n, i really want to go to homecoming with you, and dance to stupid songs. i'm just really scared and nervous to ask you.

love,   frogface."

you're really confused after you read the note. who's frogface? who would want to ask you? i thought these note things only happen in cliché movies and fan fictions? you sigh, put the note in your bag, and go home.
•••
the next day after school you an audrey go to her house. the person who sent you a letter never showed who they were, frog face? what type of name is that?

once you arrive at audrey's you both instantly start getting ready. homecoming is in 4 hours, and to have both of you look good, isn't a long time. you start off by getting audrey ready, you take longer and she does it quicker, but you still come out looking amazing. you put her hair in a half up, half down look and curl the part that's down. you then do her makeup, a light pink eye look with blush and highlight. she gets in her dress and keeps her heels off for now.

audrey starts by doing your hair, and she straightens it, then curls it, to make the curls look really nice. she does a natural, but really pretty makeup look. she does a light eyeshadow and some masacara, with highlight blush and a little contour. both of you getting ready takes 3 hours. the next hour is spent taking cute pictures, and sharing more laughs.

"ready to go girls?" audrey's mom asks. after her mom gushes about you two, and takes lots of pictures.

"yes!" you and audrey say in unison. you get into the car and drive to your school.

"thank you!" you say to audrey's mom when you arrive.

"thanks mom!" audrey says.

you two link arms, and walk into the gym where homecoming will take place. the gym is dark, there's a dj and strobe lights.

a hour into the dance, a stupid slow song comes on. you and audrey roll your eyes at eachother, since you don't have dates. you two sit on the bleachers that were partially folded up against the wall. of course audrey gets asked to dance, leaving you alone.

soon enough, you look up, and see finn wolfhard walking towards you. "um, hey!"

"hi?" you say, with a slight smile.

"do you wanna dance?" he asks.

"sure," you say, pausing. why not take a risk. "why not frogface."

finn smiles, really wide. he grabs your hand and leads you to the dance floor.