the park part 2

every time your parents fight, you go to the park, especially at night. finn is always there, with his guitar on the swings.

you've been meeting up for a few weeks now, recently getting a queasy feeling in your stomach when you're near him.

for the first time your parents are fighting, you go to the park during the day.

you still climb out your window, because if your parents saw you leaving they'd get more mad. you walk to the park in the hot sunlight, humming a song finn recommended.

you arrive at the park, and see finn isn't there. your hopeful mood falls, and you wish you could see him.
•••
the next day, you sneak out again at night. you get to the park, and see finn on a swing. you get a small skip in your step as you walk over.

"hey curly!" you say with a smile.

"hey y/n, you seem happy," finn comments.

"of course i'm happy, i get to see you!" you say with a wink as a joke, but even in the darkness you see his cheeks flush a little.

after silence, finn blurts a question. "can i um have your phone number?"

now it's your turn to blush, "oh- uhm sure!" you say smiling wide. you grab his phone and type in your number, making your contact name 'y/n<3' to try and be cute. he smiles, and mutters a thanks.

"text me! my phone is dead but we can talk later," you say with a grin, he smiles back. "hey finn we should hangout somewhere other than a park soon!"

"i'm down," he says, whilst lightly strumming his guitar.

"wanna go to the cute cafe down the street tomorrow?" you suggest, trying not to stumble over your words.

"oh, yeah sure! i'm free after 2," he says.

"okay, cool," you say, sighing with content. you check the time on finns phone, realizing you've been talking for longer than expected. "oh shit, it's late i have to go," you say, your smile falling a little.

"oh okay! bye y/n," finn says.

"bye curls," you say and smile.

unedited, part three will be out soon.