the park

unedited! also, thank you so so much for 10k reads, that's absolutely crazy! (especially since my first few chapters sUCK) i never thought i'd get that many reads, thank you so so much<3

for the past few months, life has been rough. your parents haven't stopped fighting, so there is constant screaming throughout your house. you've never been close to your parents, but you still you hate it. it's too loud and it's heart breaking to hear.

it's late on a sunday night, and they are screaming at each other again. you're sitting at your desk, shaking whilst trying to draw a picture of a cat. you can't handle the screaming anymore, your room is on the second floor but you don't care. you grab your phone, and open your window. you climb out of it, and reach for a tree near your window. you stumble onto it, almost falling off. you slide down the tree, and land on your feet.

you don't know where you are going, so you distance yourself as much as possible from your house.

you reach a park near your highschool. it's chilly, and your scared your going to literally die, but you just want towards the swing set.

suddenly, you hear a light strum of a guitar, and someone humming. you get closer to the swing, and see a boy playing the guitar and humming to himself. you jump slightly, not expecting someone else at the park at this hour.

you impulsively sit down on the swing next to him, and he quickly looks up, also not expecting someone else here.

"you're really good," you say sincerely, with a soft smile he couldn't see.

"oh, thanks," he says looking up at you again.

"so you come here often?" you ask, surprised you can actually keep up ridiculous small talk.

he chuckles, "you could say that."

"wow! so mysterious, so edgy. what's your name mystery boy?" you say with a laugh.

he stops playing, but continues again quickly, "um, my names finn wolfhard."

"i'm y/n, y/n l/n," you say looking at finn. you can see the outline of curly hair because of the light on the sidewalk.

"it's late, why are you here?" he asks, sound genuinely concerned.

"why you don't want me to be here?" you ask with a chuckle.

"no that's not what i meant!"

"i'm kidding, don't worry. i just didn't want to be home i guess, it's too loud and it makes me uncomfortable," you say with a shrug, for some odd reason opening up to the stranger.

"oh, i understand."

there's a pause, but you then ask, "do you go to this school?" as you point to the large highschool you go to.

"no, i'm homeschooled," he replies.

"oh cool! so sing something for me guitar boy."

"guitar boy?"

"yeah, guitar boy. you were humming earlier and i'd like to be serenaded." you say with a chuckle.

"okay," he says, and starts lightly singing a song he told you was called 'greyhound'

"that was really good holy shit!" you say with a smile.

"yeah, i'm in a band. other people are supposed to play and sing with me though," he says, looking into your eyes.

you check the time, after staring into his eyes for a few short seconds. it's now 2:47 in the morning.

you stand up, "well guitar boy, it was nice to meet you. maybe i'll see you again at this dusty playground at an obscure time during the evening!" you say, holding out your hand for a hand shake.

he grabs your hand, and gently shakes it, a light blush covering your cheeks as you notice his hand fits well in yours. hopefully he didn't see it because it's dark.

"bye guitar boy!" you say, as you walk back home where the yelling has hopefully died down.

"bye y/n," you here finn faintly say. you smile to yourself, cute.

part two?