[24] - Baratie Arc ~ 6

🏴️️Ch.24: Hawk-Eye Mihawk vs Roronoa Zoro! The Siren Swordswoman Avenges a Fallen Swordsman!🏴️️

Johnny and Yosaku continue to splutter and cough out the sea water that they were choking on as Calder plops them onto the outside deck of the Baratie. Apart from being a bit waterlogged, they are relatively unhurt.

I bring Umi aboard the deck of the restaurant and reteather my boat with some rope from my bag.

"WHAT'D YOU SAY?!" Usopp shouts.

"For real?! Nami sailed off with the Going Merry?!" Luffy shrieks.

"I need a straight answer!" Zoro demands. "Now, what happened?!"

"Well . . .It only happened in a few minutes." Yosaku goes on to explain what happened while they were onboard the Merry with Nami. The further into the story, the deeper my frown becomes. It wasn't Nami I was mad at; I could understand her reasoning for why she did it, I just wish she would confide in us. We're friends, aren't we?

"So that's the story of how Big Sis Nami took the ship." Johnny finishes.

"We're sorry." Yosaku says.

"The two of you have got nothing to be sorry for." I comfort them with a hug. "You did the best you could."

They sob even louder

They sob even louder. "We're sorry we failed you, Big Sis!"

Zoro punches the restaurant wall in anger and frustration. "Damn it. She just had to make a bad situation worse!"

"The heartless thief! Kaya gave us that ship!" Usopp seethes as he clenches his fist, trying to keep his own anger in check.

Luffy stands upon the railing of the outer deck searching the horizon for the Merry. "Wait! I see a ship! It's the Going Merry!" He cries out. Luffy then turns from his position to face Yosaku and Johnny. "Tell me where your boat is."

"We have it moored to the restaurant." Yosaku answers.

"Zoro, Usopp, don't just stand there; Take their ship and go get Nami." Luffy orders. "(First Name), you're with me."

"I'm with you there, Lu." I reply.

"Calm down. Let her keep the ship." Zoro says without care. "Trust me that woman is way more trouble than she's worth."

"She's the only person I'll accept as the ship's navigator." Luffy states.

It's a stern stare down between Usopp, Zoro, and Luffy. The formers look as though they want to argue in Luffy's decision but are quick on the uptake of whatever the captain says goes.

"Fine, I'll do it." Zoro huffs and puts a hand to his head. "You're one high maintenance captain, you know that? Alright Usopp, let's go."

"Eh? Okay."