[37] - Arlong Park Arc ~ 7

🏴️️Ch.37: Luffy in Trouble! Commence Fishmen vs. Straw Hats!🏴️️

As the dust clears, I turn my attention to Arlong sitting in his "throne" with a glare underneath my hood. Luffy and I step forward while Jimanekia, the bright colorful bird, and Yosaku and Johnny remain in front of the village mob to prevent them from interfering and getting themselves killed.

"What the . . .?!" Arlong's eyes widen in shock.

Luffy raises a fist. "Now, which one of you is Arlong?"

Arlong doesn't budge from his chair. "Arlong? Well that just happens to be my name."

"Good. Then you can call me 'Luffy'. And this is my first mate." The rubber boy nudges his head in my direction beside him. "She seems to be acquainted with you."

"Luffy?" The sawshark Fishman turns to face us. "What are you and your hooded friend supposed to be?"

"We're pirates." We voice together with seriousness.

Hachi then voices his recognition of Luffy from when he, Kuroobi and Chu met on the pathway between villages. "Uh?? Hey! That guy—Wait a sec! I remember him! He's the guy who likes going on walks!"

"Going on walks, huh, Lu?" I chuckle.

"Yeah, I needed to clear my head."

"So, what do you pirates want with me?" Arlong questions.

Luffy gives no answer, and I appear to vanish into thin air only to reappear in front of Arlong, delivering a flying knee kick to his chin and sending him rolling back and crashing into the wall on the other side of the compound.

The Fishmen Pirates yell in shock at what I just did but I couldn't care less about their opinion

The Fishmen Pirates yell in shock at what I just did but I couldn't care less about their opinion. I backflip away from where I just struck Arlong, but not too far because that was just me getting started.

"Who the hell are you?" Arlong growls, recovering from my earlier attack

"You know me very well, Arlong." I speak. I lift a hand up to my cloak clasp and push on it, letting the hooded garment fall from my shoulders and reveal myself to all onlookers. "Or have you buried me with the rest of your past?"