Warmness On The Soul

2019

"Alright, so what's the plan?"

Vinnie sighed as he leant back in the car seat, "Why am I here? I don't think I'll be much help."

Dimebag slapped his neck, making the slightly older drummer screech,"Because Jimmy wants us to be a part of this."

I sighed as I leant back in the driver's seat,"Are you two done? Jesus Christ..."

The Abott brothers looked at me and both raised an eyebrow. I needed to learn how to do this...

I sighed yet again, then cleared my throat,"You see, I think it's for the best if we start off with Brooks. He won't panic, even if he does, we won't do the same damage, while if I were to haunt one of the guys first, they'd know it's me in an instant and they'd most likeky have a panic attack or cardiac arrest."

Vinnie nodded, taking a sip of his beer, "Yeah, that makes sense. When are we going to strike?"

I smirked, griping the wheel in my hands, "Today."

And with that I stepped on the gas, the Lamborghini's wheels drifting for a bit and then we sped off.

-

I leant against the seat as I ate from a bag of chips, taking sips of coke every now and then.

The clock read three in the morning, which meant everybody was asleep. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and slid into Brooks' dreams.

Brooks stood right in front of me, his back to me. For some reason we were on a boat, in the middle of the ocean. Brooks was wearing a Hawaiian t-shirt and pink shorts with sandals. He was looking into the water, a cocktail in his hand.

I looked down at myself and cringed, I was wearing a blue shirt with boats and fishes, and green shorts. The fabric was so itchy...

After a while Brooks noticed me and he just sighed, "I shouldn't have had these cocktails..."

I smirked, crossing my arms over my chest, "I didn't think the Brooks Wackerman would be into Hawaiian shirts and cargo shorts..."

His eyes went wide and he backed up a bit, "Oh shit, you're real. I have to be dreaming..."

I shrugged as I watched Brooks pinch his arm over and over again. After a while, I shook my head, "C'mon, you'll leave a bruise. Stop it." I slowly walked to him, putting my hands in the pockets of the ugly shorts, "You're in a sleep paralysis state or something like that. Anyways, I'm real. I'm actually just outside your house now, but I thought you would freak out if I came in. But yeah, I'm actually real. Undead. Came back from the death. Whatever you wanna call it. But that's not what I'm here for. You see, after a few months I'll visit the guys for about half a year. However, you can't tell them that just yet, got it? You have to ease them into the situation, y'know."

Brooks nodded slowly, crossing his arms over his chest, "Alright... And you'll promise me I'm not going completely bonkers, right?"

I nodded, laughing a little,"Yeah, I promise. Now, how about we have a cocktail or two?"

Brooks smiled, spreading his arms, a tall cocktail glass in his hand, "Welcome to my boat! "

-

*Brian's POV*

I was at home, babysitting River and Cash while Matt, Michelle and Val were on a business meeting with JJ and Riley in Los Angeles. Tennessee and Franklin were in my house as well. Johnny and Zacky were in the hospital, visiting Meaghan and Ozzy James Baker, the new audition to our family.

I was making fruit salads for the kids when I heard a certain melody from the third storey of the house where Nicci had his own small kid section, just by my studio.

After the food was done I washed my hands, dried them and started heading to where the kids were. As I walked to the room, the closer I was, the louder the music got. It was Mcfly.

I stood right in front of the door, watching as the kids danced around. River was singing as he jumped up and down on the cushion while Cash and Tennessee playfully wrestled. Franklin and Nicci sat in the corner, playing with some Transformers.

I couldn't help but smile as I walked into the room, "Hello there, chipmunk! What are you doing?"

They all turned to me and smiled, Nicci making grabby hands for me. I sat down next to the two boys and Nicolangelo quickly made his way to me, humming in content as he sat on my lap.

River smiled as he sat next to me, Cash joining us. Tennessee was in his own world, staring at one of the guitars, "Do you know this song, uncle Bri?"

I was close to correcting my nephew, but I decided to let it slide. I smiled as Nicci started playing with my fingers, looking at the tattoos, "In fact, yea... Yea, I do. Do you know who plays this song?"

The kids all shook their heads, however Cash looked at me for a second before he spoke up, " Daddy said something... Is this you?"

A wide smile spread on the my face as I cheered, "Yeah, I play the guitar. Good job Cash! Do you want to know who sings?"

They all nodded eagerly and I smiled fondly. By now even Tennessee was sitting right in front of me, his hands in his long, blonde hair.

I cleared my throat and started talking, "A few years ago, when I was in eighth grade, I was in one of these music stores. I was looking through some albums when some tall, blue-eyed boy decided to start joking around with me. I got mad at him and we got into a fight. However, they kicked us out of the shop. Not even one hour later I started talking to the kid. His name was James, but he preferred Jimmy. We started talking about bands and music whatsoever and realized we were soul mates. It was love at first sight. We were really good friends. He was really good friends with all of your dads, even with some of your moms. You know our band, right? "

River smiled as he played with his fingers," Yep! I told daddy that one day I'll have a band and you'll have to change your name, because we will be Avenged Sevenfold! "

I laughed warmly, shaking my head," Good to hear! Anyway, we started the band with him when we finished high school. But that's not what I was trying to tell you, the main point is that the guy singing on these records is Jimmy. "

The guys all nodded and Tennessee clapped. He was an odd kid. I looked at all of the kids and sighed.

Tennessee turned to me, making me smile," Where is Jimmy now? "

I felt a lump in my throat and sighed. I had to hold my shit together for the kids. I faked a smile and decided to choose my words wisely, " He's in a better place, champ. He's in a better place. "

After a moment, I smiled and got up, Nicci now in my arms," Who wants lunch? "