Waking The Fallen

*Zacky's POV*

Matt, Jimmy, Vinnie, Darrell and I started heading to the place where our tents were set up. Johnny was still dangling off Jimmy's shoulder, passed out.

Every once and a while I'd catch myself glancing at Jimmy from the corner of my eye. He looked so real... His hair was black, his unusual haircut was back, his eyes were crystal blue and bright as ever. He was dressed in shorts and a Metallica shirt, it was worn out, but it was his favorite shirt.

Dimebag kicked a rock as he sighed. He turned to Vinnie and whispered, "Why are they being so awkward? We weren't like that, right? "

Jimmy glared at him as he readjusted Johnny, "Hey!"

Darrell cringed as he looked at us, "Sorry. "

Matt smiled as he put his hands in his pockets," It's okay, man. "

After a short walk in silence, we reached the tents. Brian was sitting on a lawn chair, smoking a cigarette. His face was flushed as tears trailed down his cheekbones. He glanced at us and clenched his teeth, not even caring that the guy who inspired him to pick up a guitar was a few feet away from him.

Jimmy turned to me as he pat Johnny's leg, "Where should I put the Gargoyle?"

I pointed to Johnny's tent and he thanked me. He opened the tent and simply threw Johnny inside, then he zipped it back up.

Out of nowhere, Brooks got out of the tent as he rubbed his eyes, "What's up, guys? Sorry I disappeared, man I'm getting old."

He looked around and saw all of the deceased musicians that stood a few feet away from him.

He just shrugged and smiled at Jimmy, "Hey Jimmy, you took your time. It's good to see ya."

Jimmy smiled as he gave Brooks a hug, "Yeah dude, it's good to see ya again. Well, in real life."

It was kinda weird that Brooks was so comfortable with being around a dead man, well, dead men, however he did mention that he's spoken to Jimmy before. I could only assume he's spoken to Darrell and Vinnie as well.

When they pulled back, the blue - eyed drummer faced Brian as he crossed his arms over his chest. Brian just raised an eyebrow as he took a drag of his cigarette. Even if he was still crying, his pride wasn't letting him look vulnerable. Honestly sometimes I wished Brian would just be true to his emotions. He was always way too scared to get hurt.

They started at each other until Jimmy spoke up, "Am I not getting a hug? A hello? A slap? Anything? Anything at all?"

Brian rolled his eyes as he got up. He threw his cigarette in the fire, then turned to his tent and got inside. Before he zipped it up, he stuck his middle finger out, then disappeared.

I sighed as I looked at Jimmy, "I'm sorry, you know how he gets. He will warm up eventually. It's just that... You left him. You left without a goodbye. Brian was crushed. He still is."

Jimmy sighed as he nodded as he sat down on the lawn chair where Brian was seated a few moments ago, "Oh yeah, I know. I haven't missed much guys, not at all. I was by your side through it all. I sung all of your kids to sleep at night, I was at your weddings, at your concerts, I was right by your side through everything."

Suddenly the tent unzipped and Brian walked outside, he was furious, if he was a cartoon character, smoke would go out of his his nose and ears, "You... Motherfucker!"

Jimmy got up as he looked at him. Brian pointed a finger at his once best friend as he screamed," Why didn't you show up? Why didn't you show up just once?! To tell us we'll be okay? To tell us it's going to be fine? You left us! You left us when we needed you! We needed you more than ever! You used to be our everything, James! I've been to jail for you! I've gotten beaten up because of you! Recently I almost ended up in a mental hospital because of you! I almost ruined my motherfucking marriage!"

Jimmy sighed as he tried to speak up,"Bri-"

"No! " Brian screamed, making us all flinch. He took a shaky breath as he shouted again,"I almost killed myself because of you!"

He ran his fingers through his hair as he sighed, shaking his head, "Who am I kidding?... You... You destroyed me, James. I knew you were childish, but I never thought you'd go so far. You broke us to the point where we can't be healed. I'm already dead, James. I've been dead for ten fucking years... No, I've been dead for longer. I died the second I heard you have that stupid disease. This' when I died. And you can't do anything about it. You're gone now. You're here, right now, but I know you... You'll disappear. Because that's what you do best, huh? Am I right, James? "

With that he grabbed his duffel bag from the front of the tent and turned to Matt, "I'm going to stay with Ivan. I can't handle this."

Without another word he glared one last time at Jimmy, then he walked away.

Jimmy sighed as he sat back in the chair. He shook his head, then put it in his hands, "I can't believe... I'm so stupid."

Darrell sighed as he walked to Jimmy and put a hand on his shoulder, "James, this' not your fault. Remember what I told you about faith? It was God's plan. You'll get through this, eventually-"

Jimmy jerked away from him, "You don't get it, Darrell!" He looked at us as he got up, "Why did you take it so lightly? Why is he overreacting?!"

This is when Matt got really mad, "Oh hell no! He's in no way, overreacting! James, you left us! You fucking died! We all died young because of you! We'll never be the same. Do you know how many times I had to take the knife or gun outta Brian's hand? Do you know how many times I had to drag Zacky outta the bar, because he was pissed? Do you know how many times I had to drive around the fucking country, yes, not just the state, the fucking country, because Johnny was missing?! No, you fucking don't! "

"Yes I do!"

Matt laughed humorlessly as he shook his head, "No, you fucking don't. You don't, because you were way too high up in your little piece of heaven... Honestly I can't stand you right now."

And with that Matt got in his tent and zipped it up.

I sighed as I headed towards my tent. Jimmy let out a breath,"Zacky, please... Please forgive me."

I looked over my shoulder as I fought back the tears,"We'll talk later."

With that I zipped up the tent and that's when I broke down. My tears were thick and hot as they ran down my face, my sobs were muffled by my hand as I held a fist to my mouth, biting on it.

He was back. However, I knew it wouldn't last.