Girl I Know

*Darrell's POV*

I sat on the couch in Brian's music room, my fingers were running up and down the neck of the guitar. Vinnie sat next to me, chewing on a piece of gum as he watched me. He knew how to play guitar as well, same thing with me and the drums, I just decided that I was born to be a guitarist and he was born to be a drummer.

The door flew open and it hit the wall as Brian and McKenna stormed inside, Brian shouting, "Are you ready to get your ass kicked?! "

I smirked as I tied my hair back, "Try me, bitch. Hey, you can't be a team if I'm all alone!"

"Who said you'll be solo?"

Zacky walked inside, carrying his Schecter. He smirked as he sat down next to me, "Let's get this over with. I want revenge for the stupid game of Hide And Seek."

I rolled my eyes with a slight smirk, "This' why people call you Vengeance. Son, I hope you're good. We better not fuck this up."

Zacky plugged his guitar in as McKenna and Brian brught two chairs and sat right in front of us, "Don't worry man, I've got your back."

Val smiled as she walked into the music room, Michelle following, "You guys need judges?"

Vinnie glared playfully as he crossed his arms, "Wait, you're going to pick Kenna and Brian, that's not fair."

Michelle rolled his eyes as she sat down on a chair, Val doing the same, "Yeah, but we love you all equally. Both ends are even, now, can we start?"

After deciding who's going to start first, McKenna and Brian looked at each other and nodded, then started playing. Of course, Brian and Kenna had to play Afterlife. Zacky mocked a hurt expression, it was his and Brian's song after all.

They played for like, a minute or two and then it was our turn. I jumped straight to the solo of Domination, Zacky playing along. It was a good thing he knew how to play a lot of songs, at least that's what he told me when we were talking the other day.

After the solo was done, McKenna started playing some weird Gypsy Jazz song, Brian quickly switching and playing the rhythm parts. Zacky and I looked at each other and nodded.

When they were done, I started playing the solo to Walk, Zack joining me. I knew it was stupid that I was playing mostly my own songs, but I knew I'd win that way.

Next off McKenna and Brian started playing and I almost smiled. I recognized the solo as the one that Bri wrote in two-thousand and fourteen. McKenna wasn't playing the rhythm, she played the lead as well, however her notes were a higher pitch and it literally sounded like there were a male and female guitarist, the instruments didn't sound the same.

I got an idea and I whispered in Zacky's ear, "Just follow, I hope you can come up with some riff."

"I've got your back, man."

I nodded and pulled back as McKenna and Brian played their last notes. I grabbed the whammy and I made my signature wailing noise. Then I just started shredding, Zacky playing some fast riff he put together on the E, A and D strings, it was aggressive, fast and in your face, it fit perfectly with what I was playing.

I noticed by now that we had company. Brooks, Matt and Johnny were here, I was sure the kids were in the house as well. Jimmy was nowhere to be seen, but maybe he just wanted some time to himself.

I played the last note, using the whammy again as Zacky played the last chord.

Next up were Brian and McKenna. Of course, they had to play a Slayer song, however what surprised me was that only one guitar played the solo and that was McKenna's guitar. Fuck, that girl definitely had a pair of balls... Somewhere.

After another thirty minutes of playing, we were done. The guys and our amazing judges clapped and Brian being the over-dramatic fuck he was put a hand on his chest as he bowed his head. McKenna rolled her eyes as she hit the back of his neck, making him glare at her, "Oh, get lost!"

Val and Michelle leaned over, talking to themselves in low voices as they decided on who was the winner.

They pulled back and Val started, "And the huge winner that will get... We haven't decided yet-"

"He'll get his car washed! "

Michelle rolled her eyes as she continued her sister's sentence, ignoring her husband, "The winner, who will get their car washed by the losers is... Dimebag, that's you!"

Everyone cheered, excluding Brian who watched with a surprised look in his eyes.

-

"Does this thing look good on me?"

I laughed hard, almost dropping my can of beer as I bent down, gripping my side as tears ran down my face.

Brian walked out, his hair was tied back in a ponytai, he wore a pair of hills, female bikini bottoms and a bikini top. He fought to keep his balance as he carried a bucket of water, a sponge was in there too.

The look on Nicci's face was priceless.

Michelle laughed as she wiped her eyes, "I can't believe you actually put it on!"

Brian walked to the car as he put a hand on its hood, putting the bucket down, "Neither can I..."

River walked out of the house, Cash behind him, "Hey dad, where did you all run to-"

Both Cash and River stopped dead in their tracks, looking with wide eyes at their uncle. He had the same expression on his face.

River grabbed Cash's hand and dragged him inside without saying a word. I laughed even harder, falling to the ground. McKenna walked out of the house and honestly, she looked good in swim trucks and a bikini top.

She quickly tied her hair and sighed, "Let's get this over with until we embarrass ourselves more."

Brian glared at her as he almost fell over, damn, these hills weren't even his size, "Oh c'mon, just look at me!"

And again, Jimmy was nowhere to be seen.