Thick And Thin

*Johnny's POV*

I woke up, my head was pounding and my mouth was dry. I needed a cigarette, I was going to piss myself and I wanted to know what happened.

Unzipping my tent, I got outside and stretched. However I froze when I saw no other but Dimebag Darrell, sitting on a lawn chair, eating s'mores. His brother, Vinnie was sprawled out on the grass, drool trailing down from the corner of his mouth as he slept ever so peacefully.

I walked over to the chair near Dimebag and shot him a smile, "Good morning. I'm sorry for yesterday, man."

He sighed as he looked at me, "It's okay kid. Just be more careful, you've got only one life. If you didn't land on me, you'd be dead by now. Your name is Joey, right?"

I chuckled as I shook my head, crossing my arms, "Nah, it's Jonathan actually, but you're close. You can call me Johnny tho. It's great to see ya in person, well, excluding that time when you scared me to death in the McDonald's bathroom."

He chuckled as he nodded, "Yeah, nice to meetcha. I think you're crazy man... I mean, did you seriously piss in that guy, Gates' father's face? That's brutal!"

I laughed as I cringed slightly, "Well, I guess I've made a good first impression, huh? You know what Tequila, Jim Bean and Vodka do to you, am I right?"

He laughed as he nodded, "I do know, believe me."

He pointed the stick with two s'mores at me, mentioning for me to take one. I thanked him as I grabbed one, popping it in my mouth, "Thank ya, man."

He shot me a smile as we ate. We both turned to the grass covered ground when we heard Vinnie sigh in content, "Man, I haven't slept so good in years!"

I smirked as I crossed my arms over my chest, "Haven't you been asleep since two thousand and eighteen?"

He laughed as he got off the ground, wiping away some dirt, "That was a good one, kid! I like 'cha!"

We sat there and chatted for a while until both Zacky and Matt got outta the tents. Brooks was still asleep and I had no idea about Brian nor Jimmy's location.

Matt smiled as he yawned, "Good morning, guys. Do you want coffee? I can make 'cha some."

Dimebag smiled as he nodded, "I would love that, thank you."

Matt smiled as he grabbed a kettle and filled it with water, then started preparing the coffee. Zack sat next to me as he looked at Vinnie and Darrell, "Hey guys."

They waved and we all started talking to each other like we knew each other for years. I felt no tension about the situation at all, just like how I told Zacky, yes, at first I did freak out, but then I started acting as if nothing ever happened.

Ten minutes later Brooks joined us, bringing light into the morning with his sarcastic jokes and amazing humor. The Abott brothers turned out to be the best guys ever, so we sure as hell had a blast.

I was only wondering where the fuck Jimmy and Brian were.

-

*Brian's POV*

I kicked a rock as I sighed. I've been walking for hours. Trust me to get lost. I was so stupid.

I was alone, tired, kinda hungry and I felt like I was going to cry, again. I was such a cunt.

My best friend was back. He looked just like he did when we were twenty-five. How much I wanted to hug him, to forgive him. He didn't do anything wrong.

I was a total asshole. Fuck, I almost fought him just 'cause I'm butthurt. Now that's a pity.

I groaned as I stopped. I sat on the ground with my back against a tree and sighed, putting my duffel bag down next to me.

I was wondering where Jimmy was right now. Maybe he was with the guys, catching up. I wanted to hear about his stories. Where was he all this time? Where the fuck did he know Dimebag motherfucking Darrell from? And Vinnie? What did he do while he was away? I had so many questions.

I frowned when Jimmy appeared outta nowhere. He sat in front of me, mirroring my position. We sat like that, looking at each other.

Soon enough, he spoke up, "The day I died, I was sent into a magical place. It was full of rockstars, like Dio, Dimebag, y'know. Cliff was the main guy there. He set Dimebag as my teacher, to look after me and shit.

"There we have our own sections. You have yours too. Matt, Zacky and Johnny, they do too. Our sections were there before we were even born, because our fate was already figured out.

"I was watching you while I was away. I made Matt run into your house when you tried to end it all. I was there when you almost died and had to be operated. I was there when you had your first concert in front of ninety thousand people. I was there through everything.

"I'm so sorry I left you. Again, it was fate. It was my time to go. We all die sooner or later. In my case, it was sooner than later. There wasn't a day that I didn't think of you. I was the happiest man alive when I found out that I'll see you on my tenth anniversary. Standing right in front of you, I'm the happiest man ever, even if you hate me.

"Please forgive me, Brian. Please, Bri. I have a few months left to spend with you. Let's not spend them in fights and tears. I-I've missed you so much. I-I need my b-best friend back. We've been t-together through t-thick and th-in, Bri."

I was full on crying by now. I didn't care. My best friend, my Jimbo was by my side.

I got on my knees and crawled to him. Wrapping my arms around his shoulders, I hugged him tight. He hugged me back, bringing me closer to him as he squeezed me even harder.

We were now reunited. My brother was back, for now.