Chapter 2

"Carol, dinner is ready", Pepper yelled from the hallway. "I'm coming", Carol said back. She was standing in the bathroom, and looked in the mirror. She was a mess ever since she found their bodies. "How was I not able to protect them", Carol mumbled to herself. She tried to fix her hair a bit, but given the fact that her face already showed tear stains and puffy red eyes, she just gave up and walked to the kitchen. "Ah, there you are", Bucky said while he filled a plate for Carol. She thankfully took the plate he offered her. "If there's anything we can do for you, just tell us Carol", Pepper said as she put her hand on Carol's shoulder. Carol smiled to her.

Thor looked up from his plate when he heard the sound of the door. Carol came walking in. He felt very sorry for her. She lost her best friends. Thor heard Pepper say something, but he couldn't quite hear what she said. All he could think of was his date. "Hey", Bucky snapped his fingers before Thor's face. Thor looked up,"what?".
"I asked you something", bucky gave him a confused look. Thor just akwardly smiled back,"of course, but can you repeat the question please?". Bucky let out a deep sigh,"you had that date tommorow, didn't you?".
Thor nodded. "Good, that was all I wanted to know", Bucky smiled as he left the kitchen.

After thirty minutes, Carol still hadn't touched her food. "Come on, you should eat something", Pepper said concerned. Carol looked up at her, "I'm just not hungry", she said as she stood up and walked to her bedroom.
She tried to hold in the tears, but it didn't work. Maria and her daughter Monica were her best friends, and they were murdered and she couldn't do anything to save them. Someone knocks on her bedroom door. "Two seconds", Carol said as she tries to clean up the mess a bit. Thor comes in with a bottle. "I thought you might need this", he smiled. Carol could smell the alcohol from a mile away. "I'm sure I need it", she says as she takes the bottle and opens it. The strong smell crawls up her nose, but she immediately drinks some of it. "Where is this from". Thor grabbed the bottle away from her, "I'm not sure, Valkyrie gave it to me, so it must be good", he takes a sip from it too.
Carol felt the alcohol kicking in, but still wanted more, she wanted the pain to stop. "Give it back" Carol smiled, "I'm the one here who's in pain", she giggled. Thor tossed the bottle back to her. Carol drank the rest of it all at once. She lets herself fall on her bed, as she begins to get more drunk. "Funny actually, it's not even possible for me to get drunk", she chuckled. Thor smiles, "it must be very strong then. Wait, let me get more". After a while he comes back with several different shaped bottles. "You're my hero" Carol said as she takes one of the bottles and drinks it all at once. Thor smiled at Carol's weird behavior,"it's obvious that I'm a hero", he laughed.

The last thing Carol remembers from that evening is that she drank way more bottles after the first two...