Chapter 49

Carol's pov:

I stared at myself in the giant mirror in front of me. How could they give me such an ugly dress. I asked for something simple, but there were flowers and bows everywhere. Of course I couldn't say anything about it, but I didn't like it at all. "What do you think Lady Carol?", The dress designer asked. He was quite an extravagant figure if you'd ask me. "It's... Unique?...", I didn't want to hurt him.

I heard a knock on the door,"come in". Thor came in and the dress designer screamed. Thor closed his eyes immediately. "This is a disaster, the groom can't see the dress before the wedding, now I have to make a new one", the designer panicked. I saw Thor's mouth curl up into a smirk, he thought the exact same. "You can open your eyes then", I said,"it's okay, we'll come up with a solution", I told the dress designer. He mumbled something and left them room. Thor walked up to me and I turned back to the mirror.

"This isn't the Carol Danvers I met", he wrapped his arms around me from behind. I felt tears well up,"I don't want this all", I muttered. He kissed my cheek as I quickly wiped underneath my eyes. "I know baby, but as a crown prince we have to celebrate it", he held me close and started taking away some of the fabric flowers and bows. When he was done I was left in a plain white gown, but the skirt was still too big, it was to hide my belly. "This is slightly better already, but not what we're looking for", he mumbled as he fidgeted with the seam of the skirt.

Suddenly he rips a big part off, leaving me in the bodycon white underdress. I stared at myself,"that's quite an improvement", I softly smiled. Thor turned me around in his arms and stares into my eyes. "I want to marry the woman I fell in love with, the woman who's always so generous and caring, the woman who doesn't like being the center of attention but always manages to make everyone's day", he muttered. I layed my hand on his cheek and softly pressed my lips against his.

When we had to pull back for air I hugged him tightly,"we have to find a solution for the dress", I mumbled. "You don't have to worry about it, I'm going to ask my father to delay the wedding untill out daughter is born", he smiled. "But, isn't that illegal or bad for the Royal image", I looked at him. He cupped my cheeks,"you can't marry in this state, the wedding is set around the time you will give birth to the baby, chances are obviously small that she will be born just that day, but I don't want to risk the odds", he said before he kissed my forehead.

A few days later I was sitting in the middle of our bed, meditating. The baby has been so busy all day, I really needed some time to calm the both of us down. "Carol?", Thor's voice sounded so soft. I opened my eyes and nodded, gesturing he could sit down. "What is it", I asked. "I talked to father", he said looking down. I felt my heart drop,"what did he say baby?", I took his hand and pulled him down next to me on the bed. "We talked about the wedding...", He refused to look at me.

"You're worrying me", I said. "I told him that we should push back the wedding date..", he said looking at me sadly. I rubbed his hand,"don't worry, it's okay if it stays like planned", I smiled a bit, to ensure him.

"That's not it", he took his hand back,"he will give us an extra two to three months to plan it and make sure our daughter is old enough", his expression suddenly turned so happy and enthusiastic. I was stunned and only managed to get out a what. He hugged me and pushed me down on the bed. I smiled, starting to realize what he just told me. "Oh my gosh you are the best", I kissed him passionately. "I know I am", he mumbles through the kiss and smirks.