Chapter 13

Carol's pov:

It started raining, but I just stood there in the cold. The rain pouring down on my body. I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of the tapping rain against the windows behind me.

All of the sudden I heard a loud thunder behind me. I screamed loudly, because I thought lightning had struck the tower. When I looked up at the roof, I saw where it came from. Thor wasn't visible, but I could clearly see the lightning circling around him. I stood there for a moment dumbstruck, what happened to him. The lightning disappeared, and the rain calmed down. After a while I noticed someone inside, so I went back. Someone closed Thor's bedroom door, probably Thor himself.

I waited outside the door for a few minutes, but then decided to look what happened. I couldn't bother to knock on the door and just opened it. He looked like a sad puppy, my heart broke seeing him like this. I figured it'll be better to stay quiet, and I just sat behind him on the bed, my arms wrapped around his stomach.

Thor's pov:

I knew she came inside, but I couldn't talk, the tears kept coming down. I felt her warm arms wrap around me from behind, but I felt her wet t-shirt against my back. She pressed her cheek against my neck. "Carol?", I asked, even though I know it's her. Her breath was nice and warm, especially against my cold skin. "It's going to be okay", she whispered, and I felt my tears burning in my eyes.
She softly started rubbing my stomach. "Thank you", I whispered.