Chapter 52

Thor's pov:

What?!? She's due in four weeks, not now!! This can't be right... "What do you mean?", I asked. "My water broke, at least, I think so", she smiled. "We have to get you to the healers". I helped her stand up, but she immediately sat back down. "Another contraction?", I asked. She just nodded and I saw tears stream down her face. "It's going to be fine, we're going to be fine", I told her wrapping my arms around her.

"We have to get you to the healers", I looked at her. "You have to carry me, I can't walk like this", she looked scared. "Come here", I stood up and picked her up bridal style, and rushed inside. It took a while before we arrived in the hospital wing. The healers came running over and looked worried. After I explained the situation they took her in a room, but denied me access.

I waited for at least 30 minutes before I knocked on the door loudly. A nurse opened the door. "I demand to see my fiance", I sounded angry. "I'm sorry your highness, but I can't let you in", she quietly told me. She looked scared, but I didn't care. "Do you want me to tell father about your behavior", I growled. I didn't like blackmailing our servants, but I needed to see Carol.

She stepped aside and I ran in. I saw Carol laying in a bed. I rushed over to her and held her hand,"it's going to be okay, I'm here". She stared at me with fear. "What did the healers say", I tried to calm her down. "They said that... That it's unusual to give birth 4 weeks before the due date...", She pressed her lips together. I hated seeing her like this.

"I promise you, everything will be okay", I leaned forward and softly pressed my lips against hers. When I pull back she gave me a small smile. "You're the strongest person I know, if anyone an do this, it's you", I smiled.

Carol's pov:

Hours passed and the contractions became worse and worse, but I still wasn't dialated enough. I didn't think I could take the pain any longer, but Thor kept saying it was going to be okay, which honestly gave me a lot of strength.

One of the healers came in and looked at us,"you can start pushing when you're ready", he gave me a small nod. I stared at Thor,"our babygirl is coming", tears of happiness filled my eyes. Thor smiled and kissed me passionately. "I love you", he whispered. "I love you more", I smiled.

Thor's pov:

After what seemed like an eternity, baby cries filled the room. I felt tears burning in my eyes as I looked up. Carol had practically squeezed my hands to death, but I didn't care, all I could think of was our little family.

I saw Carol's body relax a bit more as the nurse smiled. "Congratulations your highnesses, it's a beautiful healthy girl", the healer said as he handed the baby to Carol. She started crying and the baby went silent. "Do you have a name for her?", One of the nurses asked. U wanted to open my mouth, but Carol cut me off,"Aurora, she will be named Aurora Frigga Thordottir".

--------------------------------------------------------------

This was the first book, but fear not my fellow yee's and haw's, there will be a second one, and maybe even a third one.
I really want to thank you all for the amazing support with the first book.
I can promise the second one will have a lot of surprises and plot twists.