Chapter 12

Carol's pov:

The days after Thor made his promise, he took great care of me. I was a mess, and I thought he'd leave me at several occasions, but he always stayed by my side. I was sitting on the couch, where I wrapped myself in blankets. Thor walked in with a smile on his face,"good morning Carol". "Good morning", I mumbled,"someone's happy". Thor joined me on the couch, and I forced a smile on my face. "I have a date tonight", he told me,"I'm so excited". Date? With whom? Is he gonna leave me alone? Thor saw the panic flowing over my face,"don't worry, I asked Loki to keep an eye on you, and the others are here too, but I don't know if you told them the news already", he talked so fast, it took me a few seconds to realize what he had said. "I didn't tell them, at least not yet", I sighed, how was I going to explain this,"but who's the lucky woman or man?", I forced myself to look at him. "I don't know if you've met him", he glowed of happiness. "I think someone's in love", I chuckled, even though it kinda hurt me that he loved someone else. But what we have is strictly for this kid, it's nothing more, even though I wish it were. He hugged me and whispered in my ear,"take care of yourself". I chuckled,"I'll be a Carol sushi", I looked at the blankets, where I'm probably stuck in at this point, and laughed. Thor poked my side, or at least he thought that, but he couldn't see because of the blankets that he poked slightly higher. "See you around", he stood up and left.

I've been trying to distract myself all this time, Thor is already on his date, and Loki is just reading a book, not paying any attention to me. I tried to begin a conversation on multiple occasions, but he just gave a short answer and made it clear he didn't want to talk. I decided to go to the balcony, so I stood up and went there, I don't even think Loki cared about it.

I stood on the balcony, looks at the sun, which was slowly sinking down behind the New York skyline. It was chilly, but I didn't even care to grab a coat. It's also slightly my own fault, it's autumn and I'm wearing a t-shirt and some leggings, I'm almost asking to become sick.

Thor's pov:

I was angry, he didn't even bother to show up, and when I walked back home I saw him with some other guy. I wanted to slap him. I sat on a park bench, trying to distract myself, but I couldn't. I had buried my face in my hands, so no one would see me cry.
I felt the rain fall on my shoulders, great, now I also have to go home. I stood up with a sigh and summoned mjölnir. I got some surprised faces from bystanders, but I didn't care. I flew home as soon as I could, I didn't want to cause a thunderstorm because I was angry.

I saw Carol standing on the balcony, but I didn't want to talk to her. It would be stupid for me to talk to anyone right now. I landed on the roof instead, but I think she had seen me. My room wasn't that far from the stairs, so I took them and sneaked towards my room. I closed the door and let myself fall on the bed. This must have been the worst day of my life. And that says a lot, given the fact that I was a god. I am so stupid, I messed up everything...