Chapter 39

Thor's pov:

I rushed back into the room and lifted Carol up. We had to be fast, we were in danger if someone found out. "Where is a spaceship wr can use?", I asked Yon. "Follow me", he hurried his way through hallways. I followed him close by. "Here, you can use this one", he said, pointing at a spaceship that looked like it's meant for battles.

I felt Carol move in my arms and slowly wake up. "Wh... Where am I?", She looked at me confused. "We're going home baby, everything is going to be okay", I smiled at her. "But, how? I mean...", She looked over at Yon-Rogg. "Carol, I wish you all the luck in the world, but you have to go now, before someone notices something". "What about you?", I helped her standing on her own feet,"I know the protocols here, they will kill you". Yon-Rogg walked closer and took her hands in his,"don't worry about me, I deserve every pain in the world, I should've never done this", he placed a tiny kiss on her hand,"you did well Carol".

"Come with us", Carol suddenly stated. "What", Yon said,"I can't". I smiled at him,"you're more than welcome, my friend". I heard people running and screaming. I knew we had to go. "Please", Carol begged. "We have to go now", I told her, and lifted her up. She tried her best to escape, but she was too tired and gave up. "It's going to be okay baby", I kissed her forehead and quickly got into the ship. I put her down in a chair and sat down myself too.

Carol's pov:

I heard loud rambling noises, but I was too tired to even hold open my eyes. I heard someone say something, it must be Thor. But suddenly I hear another voice. Was it my own? I'm pretty sure it wasn't me, but who's voice was it. I tried so hard to open my eyes, but everything was so difficult. I had no energy left. I wanted sleep, but I also wanted to know what was going on.

The voices sounded close, but still so far away. My head started to hurt, great, I should just sleep. I felt a light force pressing on my arm, and I tried to push it away, but I couldn't. Sleep, that's what I wanted now. The voices became less clear. And the pain in my head faded away too, so that's nice. I felt someone lift my head up, but I couldn't open my eyes, I was so tired... So, tired...