Chapter 24

Carol's pov:

I didn't know what to answer, he loves me? He really loves me?!! I started to smile widely and kissed him, never wanting this moment to end. He stood up, not letting go of my lips and wrapped his arms around my waist. I pulled back a bit and I saw him smiling back. He kissed me again and lifted me up until my feet were lifted of the ground. "Thor, I love you too", I muttered and held onto him. He spun into a circle and then carefully put me down again,"Carol, I love you more than anything in the whole universe", he smiled, wider and happier than I've ever seen him do before.

After we finished breakfast, which was delicious by the way, he wanted to take me on a walk. Of course I couldn't say no, so soon I was putting on my coat. "Goddamnit", I mumbled to myself. The baby was slowly growing and at this point the baby bump started to show a bit. "Careful with the use of your language", Thor said as he hugged me from behind, rubbing my belly with his hands,"there are children here". I softly chuckled,"I'm sorry, I will be more careful in the future".

Thor's pov:

This entire day has been so surreal. I finally confessed my love to Carol and she told me she feels the same. I think I've never been this happy. We went on a walk through the city, but I had the idea we could maybe go shopping for the baby already. Carol didn't want to at first, people are already staring at us, but I insisted. I also managed to buy a small gift for her, without her noticing.

At the end of the day, we sat down on a bench in Central Park. Carol had rested her head on my shoulder and I had wrapped my arm around her. "Look at those birds, I want a bird too", she mumbled and chuckled at herself. I smiled at her,"isn't a kid enough?". "I just want a beautiful blue bird, or a white one, with a crest", she giggled. I pulled her a bit closer,"did you know we have many different birds on Asgard, I could show you them, if you want to". She looked at me with big eyes,"ehm, yes please, you had me at Asgard". I smiled as she lays her head back down.

"Carol?", I asked carefully. She responded with a humming sound. "I have something for you", I grabbed a bag and put it on her lap. She looked at it confused,"why would you.." "open it", I cut her off. She carefully took away the tissue paper and gasped. She pulled out the dress I bought her. I searched her face for any answers, but she only stared at it in shock. "I can't take this", she started and looked at me. "Please, take it", I softly kissed her cheek. "For me".