Chapter 48

Thor's pov:

I landed harshly on the ground and Loki stared at me confused. "What an idiot", he mumbled. I stood up and looked around,"Sakaar??". "Yes, and now you're here I can't stop you from finding her", he rolled his eyes,"the end of the hallway and then the second door on your right". "Thanks you brother", I smiled and run to it.

I opened the door and saw Carol crying,"no no no", I rushed to her and hugged her tightly,"don't cry my princess". She looked up confused, as if she saw a ghost. "Thor?", She croacked. "Yes baby, it's me". She hugged me tightly and I softly caressed her back. She sobbed into my armour. "I'm here baby, it's going to be okay, you're safe", I whispered and kissed her head.

We had been sitting like that for hours, holding each other tightly, sometimes whispering something. Eventually she pulled back and kissed me. "I love you", she muttered. "I love you too", I smiled. I stood up but she wrapped her hand around my wrist,"don't leave me". "I'm going to get a washcloth, your face and eyes are totally red from crying", I quickly rushed into the bathroom and came back. "Lay down", I ordered and she did as I asked. I started wiping her face with the wash cloth and she seemed to relax a bit. "Is that better?", I asked. She nodded with a slight smile.

The entire evening I cared for her. She looked so tired, I felt like that was my duty. Now we were cuddling each other on the bed, when I suddenly felt the baby kick towards me. I smiled and placed my hand on that spot,"calm down little one", I chuckled. Carol smiled at me and closed her eyes. "You should get some sleep", I kissed her cheek. "If you stay here", she mumbled. "Of course my love", I layed down besides her, holding her close.

Carol's pov:

I woke up with a loud scream. I hated these nightmares. I started crying and I realized someone had wrapped their arms around me. I took a closer look and saw it really was Thor, who had woken up by now. He carefully took me in his arms and rocked me back and forth. I calmed down but I was still crying. "It's okay princess, I'm here", he whispered before placing some soft kisses on my cheeks. My breathing slowed down a bit, so I could finally speak again,"I keep having these nightmares". "I know, but they're not real", he told me as I turned around in his arms, so I would face him. He pressed his lips against mine, and I closed my eyes. Now I knew I was safe.