Chapter 19

Hey hey
Okay, so I normally don't write these kind of messages, but I really want to thank you all. Thanks for the amazing support and the 800 reads. I'm legitimately screaming.
I've always wanted to write since I was a kid, and that my first story gets so much love is just amazing. Big shout-out to my amazing and lovely girlfriend, without you I wouldn't have achieved this.
❤️❤️❤️

——————————————

Carol's pov:

Since when do I have so much clothes? I stood in front if my wardrobe, just staring at the clothing that was there. Jeans and a plain t-shirt, no. Jeans and a cute crop top, nice but no. A dress? I sighed, I couldn't even choose any clothes. Carol, calm down, it's just a date, nothing to worry about. You already made a reservation by some expensive looking restaurant (thanks Tony for your credit card) and you already planned out the rest. Gosh, why am I such a control freak. I continued staring at the wardrobe. I see some red hanging between the clothes. That's odd, as far as I know I don't own any red clothes, besides my suit. I carefully grabbed the piece of fabric, because it was obviously not mine. To my surprise, it was a dress, even though I own like 2 dresses. I studied it carefully untill I saw a small note on the back. Take this, it'll look stunning on you, Pepper. She even drew a small heart next her name,"you sneaky stalker", I mumbled. I chuckled at my own joke. I'm very funny. The dress was beautiful, but would I look good in it? I gently laid it down on my bed and got out of my room to grab a towel from the laundry room.

On my way there I passed Thor's room, his door was slightly opened. Hr was apparently taking a shower, given the sound of the water hitting the tiles. I smiled to myself, and just when I want to walk away, I heard him... Was that... He was singing? I leaned towards the door and listened carefully. He was singing. I could've melted right then and there. Why is he so soft? He's like a tiny puppy... Carol no, he's not a dog. I listened for a while, and I figured it must be an Asgardian song, because I couldn't really understand the words. I heard him turn off the shower and I quickly ran away to the laundry room, he's not allowed to know this.

Thor's pov:

Just when I turned off the shower, I hear quick footsteps running away from my bedroom door. I shrugged, probably just someone who got to late to a meeting or something. I wrapped a towel around my waist and walked out of the bathroom. I stared at the outfit I picked, a off-white button up, and a dark grey suit, for a while, deciding whether or not it was suitable for tonight. Thor, stop, it's just dinner. You already had taken more than an hour to choose the clothes, now you're gonna wear them too. I took my time putting them on, making sure everything was in place. I looked into the mirror, and brought my hand through my short hair. Should I leave it like this, it represents youth and coolness if you don't put product in, right?

I'll just ask loki then. I walked out, making sure Carol wasn't there, and headed to Loki's room. I knocked on the door,"brother?". "I'm not here", he answered. "Great", I smiled and walked in. Loki looked annoyed,"what...", He didn't sound like he was interested, but I answered anyway,"do I look, as the Midgardians say, cool?". Loki burst out into laughter,"yes, yes you do". I was proud of myself. "Okay, thank you brother", I walked out again, hearing him laugh behind me.

Carol's pov:

I finished my shower, blow-dried my hair, put on some makeup (I still don't know why people would use "concealer") and put on the dress. I stared into my mirror and tugged on the sleeves. The dress was beautiful, it looked very classy and 50s like. But the bodice was too tight, but it was too late to change now. "Alright Carol, it's just dinner, everything is planned, you can do this", I mumbled to myself, hoping I'd feel less insecure, but without success. I stroked the skirt down and grabber my purse. I double checked if Tony's creditcard was in there and my phone, that was all I would need. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

When I walked into the living room, Thor was already standing there. He looked so handsome, but why... Oh no... He smiled widely at me and I awkwardly smiled back. "You look beautiful", he looked at me with heart-eyes. I quickly walked towards him and unbuttoned his shirt, and buttoned it up right,"have you worn this before", I asked. He looks down at me, and I look up. gosh, he's so tall. "Of course", he smiled. I just nodded. I accidentally touched his chest, and I quickly pulled my hand back. Why do I feel like I'm turning red.

Thor chuckled,"I could do it myself too". "I noticed", I mumbled turning around and grabbing my coat. "Of course, always", I heard his footsteps getting closer. Don't turn more red Carol. I turned around and smiled at him,"let's go".