chapter 29

Thor's pov:

"Thor, your father is expecting you", the voice of my mother sounded soft and caring. "Tell him I'll be there in five minutes", I told her. Carol sat on the bad and looked at me worried. "You don't have to do this for me", she said. I walked over and kissed her forehead,"it's my choice, and we talked about it already". "I know but...", I cut her of by giving her a soft kiss,"this is my decision. I have to go now", I softly smiled at her. She looked down, guilt plastered over her face. I quickly walked away, it hurts me to see her like this.

"Father?", I asked once I walked into the throne room. "My son, come here", he ordered me. I headed towards him, fearing on what he's going to tell me. "So you want give up the crown", he looked at me angrily, but his voice sounded calm. "If that means I can be with Carol, then yes", I looked down. "Son", Odin stood up and walked towards me,"you know that the future of Asgard depends on this decision". "Loki could be king...", I refused to look up, I didn't want to see his disappointment. "But you would be a better king, Loki only wants power", my father sighed,"I don't want you to give up the crown". I looked up at him,"I want to be happy, to marry the love of my life, to start a family with her... You're telling me to give up my happiness", I told him, feeling sad and empty.

"I know that my son, so Frigga and I came to an agreement", he said, I felt a spark of hope in my heart. "You don't have to give up the crown to marry her, she has proven herself to be worthy of your love", Odin's expression turned softer, less angry to say the least. "What do you mean, it's forbidden for me to...", I said but my father cut me off,"you love her, and she loves you. So marry her my son", he pulled a ring out of his pocket,"this is the ring I proposed to your mother with, I want you to propose to her with the same ring". I couldn't believe my eyes, he really agreed? "Father, do you approve of this?", I asked. "Yes my son", he smiled. I hugged him tightly, something we haven't done in years, and he patted my back. He broke the hug and smiled at me,"go propose to your girl".

Carol's pov:

I sat on Thor's bed, I don't know for how long already, but it was long. I decided to go for a walk. I was wearing proper Asgardian attire, and I learned my way around the palace a bit. So the fact that I got outside quickly wasn't a surprise. Some people stared at me, like I was a criminal. I unwillingly wrapped my arms around my stomach. I somehow felt the need to protect my babygirl.

I stood on a bridge, staring at the beautiful blue water streaming deep beneath me. Asgard is so beautiful, no wonder such a stunning man as Thor is from here. "Carol", I turned around and saw Thor walking towards me. I rushed towards him and hugged him. We stood there for several minutes when he pulled back. "How did the conversation go", I asked. His face didn't reveal anything,"about that...". I felt like crying, he can't give this all up.

I closed my eyes for a moment, and when I opened them, Thor was down on one knee, with a beautiful ring in his hands. "Thor", I asked, confused. "Carol, you are the love of my life, the one who I want to spend the rest of it with. We weren't brought together by accident, fate wanted us to be together. Carol, do you want to marry me?", He said, looking at me as if he didn't know the answer. I broke out in tears and nodded,"yes, of course I will, a thousand times yes", I cried. He stood up and took my left hand, sliding the ring around my finger. I kissed him, and he wrapped his arms around my waist, lifting me up and spinning me around. He put me down and smiled. "Thank you", I cried as I hugged him tightly.