Chapter 23

Thor's pov:

I woke up with Carol between my arms, she was sleeping peacefully. Unwillingly I smiled, she looked so soft and tiny. And she was carrying an even tinier creature in her belly. She shifted a bit in my arms. I looked at her, and couldn't resist but softly kissing her lips. When I pull back I see she's awake. "I'm sorry", I could feel myself turning red. I don't really know if she liked me back, but she never stopped me when I kissed her. "Good morning", she smiled slightly, but still looked tired, which made her almost more beautiful, if that was possible. I pull her closer and she nuzzles into my arms.

After half an hour we still didn't move, I didn't know Carol could be this lazy. "Do you want to get breakfast", I whispered, unsure if she fell asleep again or not. She nodded,"I will make you some". I looked at her,"you don't have to make it, I will do it". She looks up to me, slightly confused. I smiled in return,"it will be my pleasure".

Carol's pov:

I looked at him feeling guilty,"please let me do it, you don't owe me anything". Thor softly stroked his hand over my cheek, which left a warm feeling,"Carol, let me take care of you". I sighed, knowing we're both equally as stubborn. He apparently took it as a yes because he smiled like a kid on Christmas morning. I sat up, only realizing now I had my arms wrapped around him, and his arms were wrapped around me. He quickly let go, maybe because of my confused expression, because he immediately looked away turning red.

After I had showered I went to the kitchen, where I was welcomed with the nice smell of freshly baked bread. I saw Thor, who was singing Disney songs apparently, wearing a pink apron and oven mitts, dancing around the kitchen. I managed to suppress a chuckle when I hear he was singing along with the radio. He turned around and saw me. I smiled at him and he danced towards me, taking my hand and spinning me in a circle. "Someone is happy", I chuckled as I sit down and look at him. "I got a message from Steve, saying he's sorry, that he didn't mean to hurt me", he seemed rather happy about it, could he still love him? "But you know what, I don't love him anymore. I'm not sure if I ever have loved him", he filled a plate with some bread, pancakes, waffles... Name it and it's there. "Have a good meal my lady", he even made a little bow, what is he planning to?

"Wait, you don't love him?", I looked at him confused. "Of course not, my heart belongs to a very special person", he looked a bit awkward saying it. "To whom belongs it?", I felt my heart beating faster, and I was probably turning red again. He crouched in front of me and grabbed both my hands,"lady Carol, my heart belongs to you and you only"...