Chapter 38

Thor's pov:

I had to go, but Carol didn't let go of me. "Carol, please", I told her, but she was crying too hard to hear me. I looked over at the man, and saw he had turned away from us, as if he couldn't bare seeing her like this. "Can you please", I tried to gain his attention. He looked over and quickly went over to the other side of the bed, and injected Carol with some kind of calming serum. She quickly fell asleep, and I wriggled out of her grip.

When the man closed the door behind us he turned to me. "I don't think I ever introduced myself properly, the name is Yon-Rogg", he looked at me sternly. "Ehh, why would you tell me that all of the sudden". "Look, I care about her, and she's slowly killing herself like this", he quickly glanced at the door. "I never hated or disliked her, she was my apprentice, and I was her mentor. And the only way she will work with us, is you", he pointed a finger to me.

I was dumbfounded for a moment,"what do you mean, what do you want me to do?", I stuttered. "I didn't want it this way, but you have to help us get her back healthy", he looked at me, almost begging. "I don't want her to stay here", I looked away from his gaze,"and I don't know if you have the right recourses here". "Please, help us, help her, she needs you", he spoke so genuinely.

I stared back at him,"the nightmares, is that your doing?". "I... Yes, not mine,but the Kree are behind it, we planned everything, so we would get an even stronger ally, but I thought I wouldn't care, seeing her being hurt, I thought it would satisfy me. But in truth, it didn't, I hate myself for putting her in this situation", he looked down, ashamed. "Why did you do it then?", I asked. "I was a disgrace for the Kree, I failed to do my task. I had to find a proper replacement for her, but no one was like her, she's one of a kind. So I decided I would do it differently, planning something so crazy, no one would expect us to do it, everyone would just thing it was an accident. But when I saw her, I did regret it immediately", he looked back at me.

"Let me take her back to Asgard, let her live her life, I will take her place", I sighed. "You don't have to", Yon putted his hand on my shoulder,"go with her, life your life, raise your family", I searched his face for signs of lying. "And what about you?", I asked. "I will face whatever consequences that will behold for me", he smiled,"I wish you three the best of luck. Now go".