Chapter 25

Carol's pov:

I stared at the dress in awe. It was beautiful. When we got back to the tower I hung it on a hanger. I really wanted to try it on, but I wouldn't do it justice. I sat down on the edge of the bed, looking at the bags in front of me. They were filled with clothes and toys for the baby. It all felt so real now.

"Carol? Are you here?", Thor knocked on the door. "It's not locked", I responded and he carefully opened the door and peeked around it. I smiled at him and he came in,"I wanted to ask you something". I looked at him curiously,"you can tell me", I smiled. "I would like to introduce you to my father and mother", he asked, and quickly added,"only if you want me to". I gave him a quick kiss on his lips,"of course, I would love to".

Thor's pov:

A few days later we packed some essentials and were ready to leave. Carol walked into the living room, wearing the dress I got her. I stared at her in awe. She turned red, and quickly grabbed her coat. "You don't have to wear a coat, it's warm in Asgard", I quickly said. She nodded and put it down again. We headed to the balcony, and I called Heimdall to open the bifrost.

We arrived and Heimdall bowed, walking towards us and kissing Carol's hand. She blushed a bit and I chuckled,"you'll have to get used to it". She looked at me, slightly scared and I took her hand. "Pleasure to meet you lady Carol, Thor has told me a lot about you", Heimdall said with a smirk. I glared at him but smiled immediately.

I saw carol glancing at the bridge, quickly saying my goodbyes to Heimdall and lead her towards the palace. I saw her eyes widen as soon as we stepped foot on the bridge. "You seem to like the bridge", I chuckled and stood behind her,"now look up and see the palace and the city", I pointed and her eyes followed the direction my hand was signing. "Thor...", She muttered, sounding slightly overwhelmed. "Come, let me introduce you", I smiled and kissed her cheek.

Carol's pov:

With every step I take I felt my heart beating faster. I've been so nervous, and I didn't even notice. It was all so real, and so beautiful. I reached to his hand, and he took it gently, giving a small reassuring squeeze. We stood in front of the giant palace doors. I looked up at him, taking a deep breath. He nodded at me,"I promise you that you'll be safe". I pressed my hand against my belly, without even noticing it.

The giant doors opened, and I could see an older man sitting on the throne, probably his father. When Thor nudged me forward we walked towards it. I only noticed now there was a stunning woman standing next to the throne, which I guess is his mother. When we stood just a few meters away from them, his father stood up, staring at me. I felt awkward, I knew this man had power, but this was just weird. "Are you Miss Danvers?", He asked, his low voice echoing through the huge throne room. I nodded, stunned by his intimidating way of speaking. He stepped forward, and I unwillingly wrapped my arms around my stomach. I looked behind him at the woman, and she gave me a soft and kind smile. Thor's father took my hand and gave a kiss on it,"it's a pleasure to meet you", he let go of my hand,"my name is Odin Borson, king of Asgard, the Allfather, ruler of the nein realms". I looked at Thor, and he just awkwardly smiled back. I looked back at Odin and smiled,"the pleasure is mine". Odin signed to the woman, and she walked over to them,"this is my wife Frigga, mother of Thor". I reached out my hand, but Frigga hugged me, leaving me stunned.

I felt out of place, this wasn't normal. They're royals, I'm just human. Thor gestured to some guards and looked at me,"they will bring you to your sleeping quarters". I looked back at him and nodded stiffly, following the guards. When we disappeared out of their sight, I could hear Odin scream. I'm not sure what exactly, but it doesn't sound happy. Did I do something wrong?