Chapter 21

Thor's pov:

When I saw him, I felt empty. Carol tried to get up but I stopped her. I stared at them, unable to look away, as if my eyes were glued to them. I couldn't even recall how fast it happened, but Carol gently pressed her hands against my cheeks and leaned forward, pressing her soft lips against mine. I felt small sparks of electricity run through my fingers. After a few seconds she pulled back. I already miss the taste of her cherry lipgloss and the warm skin of her lips. She turned into a deep red colour, embarrased of what she just did. I smiled softly and put my hands on top of hers which were resting on the table. "thank you", I whispered. She turned even more red. "I'm sorry", she quietly said as she looked away. I looked towards Steve and the other guy, and saw them staring at us with wide eyes. Carol noticed it to and I smirked,"He deserves it". Carol looked back at me and softly smiled,"shall we just pay?", she offered. I nodded and was about to grab my creditcard, when she took her purse and grabbed hers. "I will pay", I said, knowing I couldn't change her mind. "I will pay", she stood up and walked towards a waiter. I chuckled, I always end up with the stubborn one's.

Carol's pov:

After I paid we walked out quietly, not saying a word to each other. It was slightly awkward, untill he suddenly grabbed my hand into his, and didn't let go. We continued walking, still not saying anything, but we walked hand in hand. Bystanders would've thought we'd be dating, but our situation is more difficult. I wasn't sure what he wanted, all I knew is that I wanted him by my side. That he'll never leave me. But it's too much to ask.

"Carol?", Thor snapped his fingers before my eyes,"you drifted off there, didn't you?", He chuckled. I just nodded and smiled, and when I looked up, I saw we're already back at the tower. "Thank you for tonight, it was amazing", he stood in front of me and grabbed both my hands. "You're most welcome, I'm still sorry about that kiss", I murmured while looking down, at our intertwined fingers. "You meant this kiss", he took one hand back and lifted up my face, giving a small kiss on my lips. I was stunned, did he like me too...