Chapter 27

Carol's pov:

"It's not fair to not explain what just happened", the woman said, revealing she's Frigga. I looked up at her,"wh... What do you mean?", I croaked. "This isn't his choice, his father and I decided this is the best for him", she explained. "How could this be the best for him?", I cried. "We thought he has been reckless, by getting you pregnant, but you really love him, and I can see he loves you too", she hugged me again. I cried louder and heard someone else run over to us.

Thor's pov:

Where is Carol? I need to find her... I pushed Amelia away and looked to the door, where someone ran away... "CAROL", I screamed, because I recognized her dress. Amelia stared at me angrily. I ran after Carol and felt tears burn in my eyes, she saw us... I lost her and looked around until I heard loud cries and rushed towards the sound. I saw my mother hugging Carol and quickly crouched next to them. "Carol?", I asked carefully. She didn't react and just cried even more. "Thor, you should go for now", my mother told me. I wasn't planning on going,"Carol, what you saw, that wasn't my doing", I felt the tears stream down my face.

Then something happened I didn't expect. Carol pulled back from the hug with Frigga, and kissed me, like her life depended on it. I kissed her back, my tears falling on her face. She pulled back and looked at me with red eyes,"why didn't you tell me?", Her voice cracked. "I didn't know father wanted to do this", I looked over to Frigga and she looked back with guilt in her eyes. "Thor, it's against the rules to reject Amelia", she said quietly,"you would be dishonored if you did".

I looked over to Carol,"then I don't want to be Royal anymore". I saw the shock on Carol's face and she started shaking her head,"you don't have to do this", she muttered. "Thor, you really have to think about this", my mother said and I looked at her sternly. "I don't want to be Royal if that means I can't live with the love of my life and raise our family", I looked back at Carol, who broke down crying. I couldn't really see if it was from happiness or guilt.

Carol's arms wrapped around me and I hugged back. My mother stood up and walked away quickly. I softly stroked Carol's hair,"it's gonna be alright, I promise". We sat there for hours, hugging each other untill we fell asleep.