Chapter 15

Carol's pov:

I just laid there all night, trapped in Thor's arms. He didn't let go how many times I asked it. All I did was thinking about what I said. It was all true, I didn't lie. I couldn't do it, and I didn't want it. I can't recall how many times I already tried to get out of his grip. He might've been asleep, but everytime I tried to escape, his arms tightened around me, eventually I gave up. Why does he care so much, is it just because I'm carrying his child? I couldn't find an answer to that question.

I finally fell asleep, however, it didn't take long for me to wake up screaming. I probably woke up everyone here in the tower, but I couldn't care less. I felt like I didn't get air. I knew I was breathing, but it didn't feel like it. Thor woke up because of me, and saw me panic. He sat up and took me in his arms. I started screaming and I crying more, I needed to go outside. My eyesight went foggy, and I felt my heart beating in my chest. I kicked my legs in hopes he would let go, but he didn't move, didn't even flinch. If he continued to keep me trapped I'll die, he needs to let go. The air is so stuffed, I need fresh air. My thoughts went black, I couldn't think anymore. All I wanted was to go.

Thor's pov:

I was woken up by a loud scream. I looked up and saw Carol panicking, sh must've had a nightmare. I didn't know what to do, so I hugged her. She started screaming and crying, but I couldn't help her. Carol tried to escape, but I didn't let go, I couldn't. I don't know what caused her to panic this much. Her breath was short and fast, she was hyperventilating. I looked her straight into the eyes and said,"Carol, listen to me". Her eyed went dull and I knew she wasn't listening. "Carol, can you hear me?", She only started to panic more. Now I got scared,"Carol, breathe in with me", I inhaled loudly, even though I knew it wouldn't work now, but I had to do something,"and now breathe out". I let go of the air trapped inside of me. Carol's eyes turned away slightly, and I knew she didn't get enough oxygen. I lifted her up bridal style and ran to the nearest balcony, to get her outside.

I carefully laid her down on the ground. I grabbed her hands and noticed how badly she's shaking. "Carol, it's going to be okay", I fought the tears in my eyes, it was so scary to see her like this. She looked at me, but I saw she wasn't okay. She stopped screaming, because it would take too much energy. Her head fell aside as if she lost consciousness, but her eyes were still open. I rested her head into my lap and forced her to look at me. "Carol, you're safe, you're gonna be okay", my voice cracked, because I didn't knew if it was the truth, what if she...?? Her breathing slowed down, fast, way too fast. "Carol, look at me", I commanded her, but she closed her eyes slowly. I shook her a bit, in hopes she'd open her eyes again, but she didn't. "Carol, please say something", I broke, I didn't know what was happening, and I'm scared. I took both of her hands in mine. She must've lost consciousness, because she didn't move at all. I looked at her and one of my tears fell on top of her cheek, I wiped it away quickly,"you're going to be okay, I promise". I closed my eyes placed a soft kiss on her forehead...