Chapter 30

Carol's pov:

Everyone was busy planning the wedding, and Thor forbade me to get involved in the chaos. I was walking around a bit in the palace, I couldn't go outside apparently. Somehow I had the feeling something would go wrong. I arrived at the dining hall and looked around if someone would provide me any food. I walked up to a maid and smiled at her,"do you happen to be able to help me get something to eat, I'm starving", I said with a chuckle. The girl smiled back,"of course your majesty". "You can call me Carol", I said, it's weird to be called your majesty, especially because I'm not married yet. She gestured to me to follow her. We arrived in the kitchen, where freshly baked bread could be smelled. "What would you like?", She asked politely. "Can I take a look around and take something myself?", I looked at her, not wanting to do something that wasn't allowed. "Sure, do you need anything else?". "No, I'm good", I nodded to her and she left the kitchen.

I prepared a small lunch for myself, I would rather eat alone and in peace. I brought it back to the bedroom and sat down on the balcony. It's a pleasant view, don't get me wrong, but I felt empty, maybe even alone. I didn't see Thor much, I actually miss him. I looked at the plate in front of me and sighed. I put it on a small table and stood up, walking closer to the edge. Asgard is so beautiful, yet it's beauty doesn't seem to affect me anymore. I could cry there and then. Is a normal life too much to ask for? "Carol?", the doors to the balcony opened and Thor walked towards me. He softly kissed my cheek and I forced a smile on my face. "hey", I tried my best to sound normal, and not sad or anything. "Are you okay?", Thor's expression turned worried. "Yeah, I just miss earth, that's it", I lied, hoping he would forget about the fact I actually spent all my life in space. "You need to stay here, it's for your own safety", He exclaimed, pulling me into a hug. "I know, I just...", I sighed, I'm practically locked up here.

Thor's pov:

Carol looked so sad when she told about earth, but she isn't safe there. I hugged her, not being able to look at her. "Can I please go there, just for a day, or a few hours, or even minutes", she talked fast, maybe to hide her tears? I pulled back and looked at her,"just one day, deal". Carol smiled widely,"Deal". She sounded very excited. "Come here", I kissed her softly and took her hands in mine.

"Do you have everything?", I asked, probably for the millionth time, but I don't care. "Yes, don't worry, I will be fine", she chuckled and placed a small kiss on my cheek. "See you tomorrow", she smiled. "Stay safe", I waved at her as Heimdall opens the Bifrost and teleports her away. This will be a hard day for me, but given she is more stubborn than me she will be fine... Right?