Chapter 5

Carol's pov:

"What???", I refused to believe what I just heard, my daughter? Come on, I'm not planning on starting a family, especially after what happened to my last one.
"This must a sick joke of some sort", I glared at Loki. "No, no, it isn't", Loki looked at me offended,"why would I joke about this? There's an ancient Asgardian profecy, and as soon as I heard about your "health" issue's, I started doing some research". Asgardian, did he really just say Asgardian? I stood up angrily, ripping off the tubes and wires, and stormed out of the room.

I don't know how, but I ended up on a balcony, breathing in the cold evening air. How would it be possible for me to have a daughter? And why would Loki tell me only now? Why would he tell ME it in the first place, how can he know for sure that it's my daughter... I mean, I clearly don't have one, and I'm obviously not pregnant. I sit down on the edge of the balcony and stare at the New York skyline. I always adored watch the sun go down, but I now I feel empty and scared. I hear someone opening the balcony doors and walking closer to me, but I refused to look around.

Thor's pov:

I've been searching for Carol for Almost 2 hours when I find her sitting on a balcony all alone. I quietly walked up to her and placed my hand on her shoulder. "Are you okay?", I asked worriedly. "Do I look okay", she snapped back at me, of course she wasn't, she woke up from a coma 2 hours ago and probably got the biggest shock of her life. I sit down next to Carol as I stare into the distance,"I know it must be-...". "You don't know anything", she cut me off,"I was just told I will have a daughter who will most like destroy the world", Carol slowly broke down more with every word that came out of her mouth. I felt so sorry for her. "I'm sorry", I whispered as she broke into tears. I pulled her into a hug from aside and we both watched the sun go down untill we both fell asleep.