Chapter 26

Thor's pov:

"SHE'S PREGNANT?", as soon as Carol was out of sight, father turned to me and screamed at me,"you know what the rules about extramarital children are". I gasped,"I know father, but it was an accident" "ABORT THE CHILD", he cut me off. I felt tears welling up in my eyes, he couldn't do this to me. "Thor, we can't afford to ruin the reputation of our Royal family", my mother walked closer to me and rubbed my arm. "But father, I love her, and I want to keep the child", I said, seeing him getting even more angry. "We already chose a fiance for you, break up with the girl", he said sternly, walking away.

I looked at my mother for help. "Thor, I know it's hard for you, but you have to listen to him", she said worried. "Who will be my fiance?", I asked, knowing that the answer wasn't Carol. "She's waiting for you in your sleeping quarters", Frigga said, slightly nudging me towards it.

As I arrive at my room I open the door, seeing a girl sitting in a chair, facing to the window. "Hello?", I asked, already knowing I didn't want this. The girl turned around and smiled at me. She has a kind face, with light blue eyes, her dark long hair framing her face. "Hello your majesty", she stood up and curtseyed. I walked towards her, knowing I had to talk to her, even if it was to get her out of my room. I took her hand and gave a small kiss on it.

I got to know the girl a bit better, but I didn't love her, not like I loved Carol. Her name is Amelia, and she's a Royal from Vanaheim. Her parents wanted her to marry the crown prince so they could have more power within the nine realms. She seemed rather in love with me though, something I didn't appreciate. "Thor, why are you acting so rude to me", she said with a high voice. I looked at her sadly,"it's not any of your business", I just shrugged. She walked closer to me and softly stroked my cheek. I immediately looked away from her, I didn't want this. She managed to catch my gaze and I looked back. "I think you should relax a bit", she grabbed my hands,"I know a way to release stress", she leaned in and kissed me, and I couldn't stop her.

Carol's pov:

I was getting bored. I've been searching this room for at least 30 minutes and I couldn't find anything useful. I sighed and opened to door, trying to find a guard to lead her to Thor. Someone came walking towards me, and I looked who it was. Bingo, it was a guard. "Excuse me sir", I smiled kindly,"could you show me the way to Thor's room". The guard nodded and I followed.

After some weird turns and many hallways he signed that we arrived,"thank you". The guard nodded formally and continued his way. The door was wide open, so I walked in. To my horror I saw him kissing a girl. She was beautiful, but... I felt a sharp pain shoot through me. He's cheating on me... How could he... I ran away and almost tripped, but I managed to catch myself. The tears ran down my face. I hear footsteps behind me, but I didn't bother them. I wanted to be alone, but I was trapped in a maze of hallways.

I got out of breath and fell down on my knees in the middle of the hallway. I felt the warm tears stream down my face. This couldn't be happening. I screamed loudly. The pain got unbearable. I could her some footsteps walking towards me quickly, and saw a woman crouch in front of me. I didn't want to talk to anyone, so I didn't look up and just sobbed my eyes out. Her arms wrapped around me, and I leaned into her touch.
This isn't true, this isn't real, just a bad dream, right?