Chapter 37

Carol's pov:

Many people already tried to get me out of the bathroom, but I refused. It wasn't comfortable here, but it's better than being out there. "Vers..", Yon knocked on the door, I didn't react. "Please, let me in". "Go away", I cried. "You have to eat something", he said. "I want Thor", I muttered. "He's not here anymore", he lied. I knew he lied. "He is, they already told me?", I lied back, no one told me, but I knew their laws. I heard him sigh,"Vers, will you leave the room if you can see him?". I wasn't sure, but eventually gave in,"yes".

After an hour I finally heard a familiar name,"Carol". I stood up, slightly dizzy from the lack of food, and unlocked the door. Thor immediately hugged me and placed soft kisses on my forehead and cheeks. "Are you okay", he asked. I nodded a bit,"as far as I can be, yes". I felt my legs giving up, and Thor noticed. He lifted me up and put me on the bed again. I didn't let go of him, so he just laid down besides me. "I'm so scared", I muttered. He softly stroked his hand through my hair and whispered,"I know baby".

Thor's pov:

I was in shock when I saw her. She was pale, had bags under her eyes which were swollen and red from crying. Her voice was dry and cracky. I felt so sorry that I couldn't protect her. I was given ten minutes, and the entire time I held her close, holding her shaky hands in mine. "I wish we could stay like this forever", she told me quietly. "Me too... Me too", I whispered, softly kissing her forehead.

I heard the door open and looked up. "The ten minutes are over", the man told us. "Please don't go", Carol looked at me,"please, stay". "I can't, you have to get through this, for me", I said, the sadness showing over my face. "I won't do this without you", she cried,"please stay here". I looked over at the man, and he almost looked guilty. He cleared his throat, which resulted in Carol's sobs. I hugged her tightly,"it's going to be okay, everything will be okay".