Chapter 20

Thor's pov:

Thor, you absolute moron, why didn't you button it up correctly. Carol must think you're an incapable God. No, she will think you're an incapable idiot. We walked down the street, I actually followed Carol. "Where are we going to?", I asked curious. She just chuckled and didn't say anything. Did she just chuckle out of nervousness? I walked faster so I could scan her face, she's red, how cute. "I think we have a problem captain", I said in a serious voice. She looked up anxious,"what do you mean", her voice sounded narrow. "You're turning into a tomato", I laughed ay my own joke. The terror on her face disappeared and she softly smiled,"you scared the shit out of me", she poked my side,"and for the record, I'm not a tomato". I poked her back,"of course not, you're captain tomato". She rolled her eyes, which made me laugh even harder. "You're gonna pay for this", she mumbled.

Carol's pov:

Oh no, I don't want to blush. Why is this happening to me??? As we walked further I saw the restaurant in the distance,"we're almost there". Thor nodded. I looked at him to find any signs that could reveal how he feels, but I couldn't find any.

After more than an hour we finally got to our table, the person who had made a reservation before us didn't want to leave. I was so sad that it didn't go as planned, and Thor noticed. He grabbed my hand and smiled at me,"it's gonna be okay". I smiled back weakly, I was just disappointed in myself.

Thor's pov:

At around 10 o'clock we finished our main dish. We've talked about lots of things, mainly about space. "Nick loved Goose a lot, but as you know, never trust a Flerken", she chuckled. "Oh gosh, what did Goose do?", I smiled at her, she was so amazing. "You know he wears an eye patch, right?", She paused for a moment, I nodded. "Well, he apparently did something she didn't like, and she scratched his eye". Nick Fury, thé most intimidating man he knew, got scratched by a flerken.

I laughed and stared at Carol, but something behind her grabbed my attention. It was him, Steve, he left me that night for that other guy. Carol noticed my attention shifted away and she snapped her fingers in front of my eyes. I didn't react.

Carol's pov:

"Thor? Thor...", I snapped my fingers in front of him, but it was no success. I turned around to see what he was looking at. Steve? Why was he staring at him? "Carol...", I turned around and saw his sad expression. I grabbed his hand and softly rubbed it with my thumb,"was he the guy who left you?". He just nodded, trying to contain his tears. I looked where Steve sat down, there was another guy, probably his "boyfriend". I wanted to stand up but Thor pulled me back down,"don't, you're pregnant". "I don't care if I'm pregnant, I don't want anyone to hurt you", the words escaped my mouth before I knew.

Steven and the dark haired man looked over at us. He's gonna pay. Thor saw it too. I looked at him in an instant and cupped his face, staring into his eyes. Without realizing what I was doing I leaned forward and softly pressed my lips against his.