Chapter 13--Soul & Maka

Maka's Point of View

----------

I wonder what that was about? I ask my heart, she's just as confused as I am. Soul's acting weird today, he ran out the door before I had the chance to kiss him goodbye. Maybe he doesn't love me anymore.

Please, it's been two days, the familiar voice said. My heart throbs with the possibility of us growing apart, but she's more confident than I am.

It's been hours since he left, He must be having fun with BlackStar. We'll be fine, my heart is being anything but reassuring. As I battle with myself, my head throbs, goodness, I shouldn't have taken that potion from Blair.

As I curl into a sitting position in the couch with my tea, Soul comes through the door. "Hey," he smirks.

"What was this morning about?" I ask, sipping my soothing tea. Trying to get the throbbing to subside in my head.

"Nothing," he lied. I could feel the strangeness in his soul.

"Soul..."

"Maka," he said in the same exasperated tone.

~~~~~~~~~~

Soul's Point of View

----------

I can't tell Maka what my conversation was about this morning, she'll just worry too much and I can't put that kind of pressure on the relationship.

Yes, just keep lying to her, my devil wrings his hands together.

"Soul," she said again. "You need to talk to me about what's going on, do you not love me anymore?"

"Are you crazy?" The words fly from my lips, "I love you so much, Maka. It's just my black blood..."

"So, it is bothering you again?" I nod, "Why did you lie to me?!"

"I'm trying to keep you from worrying."

"Soul, you said it wasn't coming back and that I won't lose you," she's speaking fast now, suddenly she stops and looks at me. "Where were you this morning?"

"Talking to Crona," I say, trying to get everything out in the open.

"How many times have you lied to me in the last couple days?" She laughs, bitterly.

"Maka..."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Maka's Point of View

----------

"Don't 'Maka' me, Soul!" I roll my emerald eyes, "I've caught you in two already this morning! You don't actually love me, how could I be this stupid?!"

What are you talking about? asks my brain.

-~-~-~-~-~-

Just a short update this time, I couldn't keep an update from you guys. Just trying to give a little incentive.

Keep voting, and reading!

Love you guys!

-C