Chapter 26--Soul & Maka

Soul's Point of View

-----------

I'm so happy to have Maka back, I couldn't imagine my life without her, or with that thing that she was for awhile. How do you know what came back is entirely Maka? My devil asks unbidden.

The question is haunting, how can I know? Know for sure that she isn't even a little bit that thing? Then it hits me, soul resonance, training. We have to train again.

But our souls melted together just a little while ago, in Stein's examination room... I smile at the thought, it's definitely all her. It didn't feel the same as it did when I was trying to train with her, it felt like her.

I look at her, her large emerald eyes regarding me lovingly. "Are we going to beat Calypso?" She asked, eager.

"Of course we are, Baka." I grin, she couldn't help but smile back. "We need to train some more."

"Wanna go now?" she asks.

"I don't think I have that much energy left in me," I laugh.

Her face melts into a scowl, a bright blush in her cheeks. "You're disgusting." She says matter-of-factly, "We didn't even use that much energy."

"You've had way more sleep than I have," I defend myself, half-heartedly. That didn't make it any better, "Hey, I love you, don't be mad."

"Too late," she huffs. Is she honestly offended by what we've done? No, she can't be; she loves me, we both know it.

"Are you honestly ashamed by what we did?" I ask, the hurt creeping into my voice.

"No, of course not," she says, her anger melting into an apology. "It just doesn't need to be talked about, at least not out loud."

"Fine," I chuckle.

~~~~~~~~~~

Maka's Point of View

----------

I'm happy to be back, though I still don't know where I was exactly. That bothers me, I almost hurt Soul, I did hurt Soul, and that makes my heart hurt.

And my brain, she loves him just as much as my heart does.

We walk in very comfortable silence back to our apartment, his hand curls into mine and I smile. Snow falls in Death City and it reminds me how close we are to Christmas, just eight short days until I give Soul his very special present... Again.

Then I remember, "We still have to put our tree up!" I shriek, panicking. How did we forget to do that?

He shrugs, "We don't need a tree to have a Merry Christmas." He smiles, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "I just need you."

"If we don't have a tree, Santa won't come." I reason, he looks at me as if I'm an idiot.

"You still believe in Santa?" He asks me.

"Believe in him? I've seen him, I remember people saying that it was just parents making him up, but I've seen him. He talked to me."

He shakes his head again, "You mean at the mall?" he says in that condescending tone that I hate. "There's one at every mall this time of year."

"I swear to Death, Soul, I'm not crazy and I'm right. I'm going to prove it somehow."

"Sure," he says, sarcastically.

-~-~-~-~-~-

Because I decided I needed a Christmas update and there isn't enough Santa!

Don't judge me, I'm kinda normal...

Not really, anyone that knows me knows I'm very abnormal. But normal is boring!

Comment what you think!

Love you

-C