Chapter 29--Soul & Maka

Maka's Point of View

~~~~~~~~~~

Soul and I are walking together, down a path through the forest. We've planned something, but I'm rather sketchy on how it will work.

"All righty," Death says. "We're going to kill her, but we have to make a plan."

"So...?" Soul prompts.

My mind is working, but it's not fully developed yet. "What if Soul and I are walking in the forest, in her part of the forest. And we provoke her by being there, somehow."

"Well, we've fought her before, so just by being there we're provoking her." Soul says, nodding.

"Especially because you aren't supposed to be awake," Death chimes in.

"Okay, so we're walking." I nod, "Is Soul in weapon-form right away?"

"No," Soul says. "We need to come off as if we aren't a threat, if I'm in weapon-form, she'll be prepared to fight."

"What if you aren't acting yourself, Maka?" Death asks.

"What do you mean?" my brow furrows.

"You're going to talk to her," Death continues. "When you woke up from your sleep, you just weren't yourself. So, Soul, wants to fix it."

Soul isn't holding my hand, which is strange for us. We always hold hands.

We hear a laugh echo around us, but we don't see her yet.

She appears in front of us, "So, it looks like someone's awake. How shocking?"

"We need your help," Soul says, his voice shaky. He's a good actor.

"Well, of course you do. But why would I help you?" She grins, her demon eye still covered.

"Because we've left DWMA for you," he says, simply. That was new, we hadn't discussed him saying that. "But first you have to fix her."

"What's wrong with her?" She's eyeing us suspiciously, I hold in a shudder.

"She just hasn't been the same since she woke up."

"That's because she isn't supposed to be awake," she exclaims with a cackle. "I woke her up."

No, you didn't. I almost say, but I know that wouldn't be a good idea. Especially now.

"Why?" Soul asks, tears come to his eyes. "Just make it better, make her better."

"Oh, calm down," she rolls her eyes. Hopping off of her broom, she comes towards us. Wow, I didn't think we would get this far.

She doesn't expect anything, my soul beckons to Soul's and they melt together. As she comes closer, Soul steps toward me in a protecting manner. Or it's portrayed as such, he's actually taking my hand, to begin transformation. She doesn't see it, she's too confident in her magic to realize that our souls are already connected and ready to resonate.

I make my eyes and mind go blank when she looks into my emerald eyes.

She goes to touch me, as I yell "Soul resonance!" in her face.

She's caught off guard as Soul completes transformations, she fumbles back to her broom but before she gets on it I yell "Witch Hunter." It knocks her down for a moment as I advance toward her, before I strike down hard on her head, I see the fear in her eyes.

Soul's blade connects with her head and across her neck. And then there's a cloud of magic as her soul becomes ours.

It's over.

-~-~-~-~-~-

Oh my goodness, I'm finally back!

And the evil witch Calypso is finally dead! We win!

Thanks for all the comments and reads, love you guys!

-C