Chapter 3--Soul and Maka

Soul's Point of View

----------

I pace in Maka and I's apartment, waiting for her to get home; Stein was insistent on holding her a little bit longer, to make sure she was awake for good. She did, didn't she? he had asked me if she had kissed me back, she did. Did that mean she could actually love me? Want me to kiss her again? I need to figure it out, talk to her. Kiss her, I think, no, Soul! She might not want to cross that line with you, she's your Meister.

I let myself fall onto the couch with a sigh, she'll be home soon, I can feel her soul near.

When I hear the doorknob begin to turn, I climb to my feet quickly. "Maka?" I ask the door.

"Yeah, Soul?" She sounds as if she's back to her normal self.

"What did Stein say?"

"He said I'll be fine now that I'm awake," she pauses nervously as her eyes finally meet mine. The door closes behind her, "Thank you for waking me up, by the way."

"What was I supposed to do?" I ask with a chuckle, "You're my Meister remember, I can't do much without one."

"About that..." She peers at the ground, "Can I talk to you about something?"

"Of course," my heart is pounding in my chest, the blood seems like it can't run through my veins fast enough. What does she have to say? Will she tell me she loves me back? Will she ask me to kiss her again?

"Soul, I think you should find a new Meister," the words flow out on a sigh.

"What?" I nearly scream, "Maka, no!"

She holds up her hand, "Due to the inappropriate nature our relationship has taken," her words don't sound like her own. "I think it would be for the best that I find a new Weapon, and you, a new Meister."

"Inappropriate nature?" I ask, incredulously, "Maka, what are you taking about? I had to wake you up! If I hadn't you would still be sleeping, your soul was asleep, Maka, please!"

"I can't accept that it was only to wake me up, Soul," tears shook her voice. "I want it to mean more than that, to both of us. Not just me."

"It does," I whisper.

"Soul, don't lie to me. You told me," she smiles bitterly. "Twice now you've told me that it was only to wake me up, if you have any decency at all you won't lead me on just to keep me as your Meister. My soul can't take the pain." With that she stood, after looking at me with sorrow in her pooled, Emerald eyes, she walked to her room. "I'll ask Death for a transfer in the morning."

Maka...

-~-~-~-~-~-

Just a small update this time, comment and vote to tell me what you think!

Love ya!(;

-C