Chapter 22--Soul & Maka

Maka's Point of View

----------

I sit on the edge of the bed, spine completely straight. Soul comes back in, I hold back a gag from the look of adoration in his eyes. That isn't adoration, my heart cries. What is that feeling in my heart? It's like it dropped in my chest, I shake it off.

"How are you feeling?" Soul asks, stepping toward me.

I keep my feet planted firmly on the floor, and my back straight. "I feel fine."

He takes my hands in his, I hold back the shudder that rolls over my body. "That's great," he whispers, his face getting closer to mine. "I'm so happy to have my Maka back," I'm not your Maka.

~~~~~~~~~~

Soul's Point of View

----------

I see the emptiness in her eyes as I lean in to kiss her, Stein says I have to make it think I don't suspect anything, so that's what I'm doing. I feel disgusting kissing whatever it is, but I need to. Surprisingly, Maka kisses back, she has to be in there somewhere.

I break the kiss, I couldn't bare it anymore. "Stein would like to speak with you."

Her dead eyes look at me questioningly, "Why?"

"Just to run some tests, make sure everything's okay. So we can train to kill Calypso," sure I didn't know what it wanted, but something made me it liked violence.

I was right, her eyes lit up as much as they could and she nodded somewhat eagerly. "Let's go."

-~-~-~-~-~-

Another short one, I've hit a little bit of writer's block, you guys might need to help me a little bit.

Leave comments on which tests Stein should run and how exactly they should draw the real Maka out. Or should she bring Soul to the dark side?

Please help(:

-C