⌜ fourteen ⌟

hey, are you alright?

minyoung looked up from the book she has been staring at for ages and just noticed rin's presence right in front of her. seeing that worried look from her bestfriend made min force out a smile for him not to worry. ❝i'm fine.

you don't look like it.❞ rin said with a pout as he took a chair and placed it in front of the little girl's desk, sitting there before speaking again. ❝what's bothering you?

it's nothing.

and as if rin would believe that, he knows minyoung too well. ❝i don't think it's nothing.

look, just go back to your seat before class—

class ended minutes ago and you were busy spacing out to even notice that.❞ rin saw how minyoung scanned the room, realizing that they were the only ones inside the room, and couldn't help but sigh. ❝you know, i'm always here for you.

min isn't pushing rin away and she actually appreciates how he's always there beside her but she's just not ready to tell him anything. ❝rin, i'm—

cookies min!

their heads turned to the door which was suddenly opened and here comes someone very small and a complete fluffball coming inside the room while bringing a bag of cookies. min faced rin to ask for answers but the male only shrugged as he, too, doesn't know what was happening.

jie happily waddled his way to the two and placed the bag of cookies down on minyoung's desk with a bright smile. ❝i saw min sad so me buy cookies for min!

just a simple action and it got min smiling so wide. she just can't help it, jie is too cute to resist. rin had mentioned that he is only months younger than them but he looks completely like a kindergarten student. ❝thank you jie.

"welcome min!" he said, not realizing that he spoke a different language. "i hope you won't be sad anymore. seeing you sad makes me sad also."

the girl chuckled as she ruffled jie's hair. ❝i don't understand a single word you have just said but thank you for this.

thank us too!❞ three familiar figures came inside the room with different expressions.

yoon had a cute smile on his face once he saw rin, minyoung swore that he heard her bestfriend groan in annoyance once he saw him there. taeho had a pout on his face when he got inside the room, earning a scoff from jie. taehyun, as usual, was unfazed and had his hands inside his pocket to look cool.