⌜ eighteen ⌟

the dinner ended well, mostly is just about doyoung and taeil being all lovey dovey towards each other unintentionally and minyoung decided to just leave them alone. they only got to notice her presence not being there after talking about how stupid mark was when he confessed to donghyuck on top of the high school building, with the help of yuta and johnny. one of the maids then informed doyoung that the little girl is just at the backyard and that one of the security guards is there to look out for her. after that, doyoung and taeil continued to catch up with each other and talked like nothing really happened between them.

as if the two never broke up.

while you were away,❞ taeil started another topic and chuckled once he remembered a specific incident. ❝taeyong and jaehyun once left the triplets with me.

must be hard.

that's what taeil also thought at first, it's very hard to take care of kids. but then again, he's a principal at a school where kids and even teenagers annoy the shit out of him so let's just say he has gotten used to it already. ❝it wasn't that hard. i was just shocked and panicked when taehyun and taeho threw yoon around like he's just somekind of ball.

they really did that?❞ doyoung widened his eyes, but was somehow not surprised by it. jaehyun is their other father, it's no surprise why they have such ideas in mind. ❝minyoung once climbed up to the kitchen counter and reached for the cupboards.

did she fall?❞ taeil suddenly got worried.

no but she got a spatula from the cupboards and used it as her sword, threatening the maids when they went to get her.❞ doyoung finished his story with a laugh, also making taeil laugh along with him. ❝i wasn't there to witness it but one of the maids took a video of it.

hearing that made taeil silence up his laugh and looked around the living room, hesitating to question something to doyoung. being minyoung's crying shoulder and someone she would always go to, taeil remembered the little girl talking about how her daddy isn't always there for her. even though she understands that he's busy and she could actually see her father trying to find time for her, she still can't help but be sad that she can't have her daddy right beside her always.

seeing the mood change, doyoung glanced up from the ground and saw taeil playing with his fingers as if he wanted to say something. since he looked like he is thinking twice on doing so, doyoung decided to speak out. ❝i would always bring her with me all the time back then but when the time came where she needed to start going to school, i made a decision to settle her here in hire maids along with security guards to look out for her.

that's probably the most stupid decision he had made in life but what can he do? he's too busy to even stay with her and he can't bring the little girl anywhere anymore since she had school to attend.