⌜ twenty two ⌟

finishing the food in pure silence, taeil can't help but feel uncomfortable by the subtle stares from doyoung. he didn't want to enjoy the date no matter how many money doyoung shows off, no matter how hard the man tries to impress him with his beloved money, nor no matter how good the younger was with his words. not to mention that cute smile of his that's plastered on his face even with knowing that there's no way taeil would try to enjoy this date he has been forced to.

but even with that, doyoung had no plans on chickening out.

i'm done.❞ taeil informed, snapping doyoung out from being busy in staring at him.

oh.❞ there it is again, that smile of his. he may not say it but taeil can see how hurt the younger is with that smile. ❝i'll just call one of the waiters for the bill.

taeil only nodded his head and watched doyoung taking out his wallet after telling a waiter to give them their bill. while waiting, taeil felt so bad for someone who actually didn't want to be here. doyoung is trying yet he didn't want to appreciate it just because he was forced. he may not admit it but deep inside, he was actually excited for the date. he even got less sleep just because he was thinking on what shirt and what shoes to wear, if he should wear light make up or go out naturally. because of minyoung buying him new clothes and shoes, his options got a bit wider and made him have a hard time to choose.

but anyways, the point here is a date is a date. no matter how much he hated it, even though it's forced, doyoung is doing everything to make things right so he should also put an effort to love and appreciate it.

so, we finished our lunch.❞ doyoung chuckled, actually finding nothing funny but the tension was awkward and his stupid head told him to chuckle so why not? ❝where do you want to go next?

home, that's where taeil wants to go.

but a date is a date and not to mention doyoung working hard to prove himself in this date. even though he did force taeil in this and he knows it's a wrong thing to do, taeil should have known that doyoung would use his money since he's not that confident with his charms.

or if you want..❞ doyoung looked down with a sigh, having second thoughts on ending this date. ❝i can drive you home.

taeil shook his head, standing up and making doyoung stare up at him. ❝there's an amusement park somewhere around here, i want to go there.

and what, show to doyoung that he's forced to do this? taeil doesn't have to do that, doyoung already knows that what he did is wrong. it's actually better if taeil straightforward tells doyoung that he doesn't like to continue the date and wants to go home than continuing it and making doyoung feel bad than he already is.