Kabanata 47

Wein's Point of View

I've been keeping my eye on Zai since morning. Ever since she woke up, she looks irritated. When you approach here, she's more scarier than usual.

Just like now, we're walking on the hallway and she's still wearing her frown. None of the students can even stand her aura.

Today is the School Festival and yet she's intimidating more than usual. I sighed. The others went on their own way and enjoyed every booth but here I am stuck with her. Well. I don't have any plans to play in those kind of games. I glanced at her and remembered Sensei Sinner's words.

"Wein" I glanced at Sensei Sinner when he called my name. The others already went outside the dormitory.

"I want you to look after Zai today"

"What? Sorry, but I refuse. She can take care of herself" he sighed and massage his temple.

"Zai is a bit on the edge today. You know her. She might do something stupid. She is your Captain but she's still immature when it comes to some things. You very well know that her temper is not that long, especially today that she seems to woke up on the wrong side of the bed." It's true. After two months of being with her, I came to know her. She has a bad attitude and she has a short fuse but she don't do things without any reason. She's also weird because sometimes her mood change. She's mad then she becomes sweet. I sighed and nod.

"I understand. I'll try" tumango naman siya at nilagpasan na ako. Pero bago niya ako lagpasan ay ipinatong niya ang kamay niya sa balikat ko.

"Try to lighten her mood. You might see something new. You know Zai, she's like a mystery" he said and gave me a meaningful smile then left.

Napatigil ako sa paglalakad noong bigla siyang huminto. I saw her looking at the stall where they are selling candied apple. Oh right. She also love apples. I grabbed her wrist and walked towards the stall.

"One please" tumango naman ang matandang nagbebenta. Napatingin na lamang ako kay Zai noong bigla niyang hinatak-hatak ang kamay ko ng mahina. She raised her two fingers. I sighed and looked at the seller.

"Make it two" ibinigay naman sa akin ng matanda ang dalawang mansanas na nakatusok sa sari-sariling stick. Ibinigay ko sa kanya ang dalawang stick at kinagatan naman na niya ito. Nanlaki na lamang ang mga mata ko noong naglakad na siya papalayo at doon ko lang napansin na hawak pa rin niya ang kamay ko.

I also knew that she doesn't mind physical contact. Hindi niya binibigyan ng meaning ang mga halik, paghawak sa kamay o kaya ang isang indirect kiss. Nalaman ko ang lahat ng iyon dahil sa minsan-minsan na paghalik sa kanya ni Ace sa pisngi. Wala rin siyang pakialam kapag sinusubo sa kanya ni Zera at kutsarang isinubo na nito. That side of her doesn't really disgust me. It amuses me.

Pero hindi ko maiwasang mailang kahit na wala namang malisya ang paghawak niya sa kamay ko. Pinagtitinginan na rin kami ng mga estudyante.