Chpater Fifty-Five

Chapter Fifty-Five

Lexi's P.O.V.

I'm so ready to get out of this town and let my hair down with Chris and Rox. We're going out to supper first and then we'll probably just bar hop or see where the evening takes us.

My friends keep sharing weird looks with each other, but neither of them will tell what's going on. I presume it has something to do with our way of life or the fact that they're leaving tomorrow afternoon. I'm seriously going to miss them. I almost feel like I can't manage without them here now. Which is stupid, because I've coped so far. Well, maybe coping isn't the right term. I've scraped through up til now.

I'm currently soaking in the tub, with candles everywhere.

Chris shouts through the door, "Lex, I really need to take a leak..."

"You can come in."

It's not like we haven't seen each other naked before.

As he steps in the bathroom, I chuckle, "Just don't drop a turd in there. I ain't cool with that."

He laughs and quickly finishes his business before sitting on the seat watching me carefully.

"What? What's wrong?"

"You doing ok? Be honest with me."

I shrug, "Depends. It could be worse, right? Would I like for things to be different? Sure. But at least I have somewhere to live and I can stay away from all the crazy people. I just have to get through to December, then hopefully I'll be able to visit you and Rox at least."

"We'd like that. I just worry about you, doll."

I smile at him, "Thanks, but you don't need to. I promise. I'm not bein' beaten or left homeless or anythin'. It can always be worse."

"Yeah, but it doesn't mean you have to like or put up with bad treatment."

"I don't go into town very often so it's ok. I don't see my momma either so it's not like I have to hear what they say. Nate says they're just jealous coz I'm different."

He laughs, "He does, huh? I think he's right. Plus, they're jealous because you're way hotter than all of them put together."

I chuckle, "Yeah, sure. You're crazy."

Rox walks in and I playfully comment, "Anyone else wanna join us?"

"Well, seeing as you're asking. Nate's in the living room. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to join you..."

I roll my eyes and shake my head at her, as Rox cackles. She obviously thinks she's hilarious.

It's a good job I'm not embarrassed about everyone seeing my body, isn't it? It's like my bathroom has a revolving door.

Rox shoos Chris out of the bathroom so she can get ready. Once he's left, she takes the seat he was on and starts applying her makeup. She totally could have done that with Chris in here. We were actually having a conversation.

It looks like Rox wants to have a talk all of her own though.

"So, Nate?"

I let out a long breath before submerging my head fully under the water. When I emerge again, my old boss is smirking at me, waiting for an answer.

"Honestly Rox, I don't know what you want me to say. Nothin' has changed since the last time you mentioned this."

"Really? I've seen the way you guys are with each other. I don't know how your family don't see it. Even Chris has noticed it..."