XXVI

Caleb got out of bed feeling a little nauseous and headed into the bathroom as last night's dinner went up into his throat. It felt like Amor had stopped getting morning sickness only for him to start experiencing it. He went back into the bedroom after brushing his teeth and shook his wife awake.

' It's too early Caleb, please let me sleep.'

' Babe I seriously need to talk about something.'

' Caleb I cannot emotionally handle anymore devastating news.'

Caleb pulled up an ottoman and sat next to the bed while she sat up and rested her back on the headboard.

' I forgot to mention something to you yesterday.'

' forgot or purposefully omitted to tell me?'

' Let's not argue because I am hundred percent certain that you won't like what I have to tell you.'

' come out with it already. We have an appointment remember.'

She snapped, making him think twice about what he wanted to tell her.

' Remember I told you that Rob knows about my illness. I told him because I needed _ I need him to take care of you and our children , when the time co -'

' No don't you dare! Don't you dare say that to me. You're not leaving me alone with our children. You promised to be by my side forever when we got married and I plan on dying with you when our children are old and married. That's the reason we ommitted the line till death do us part. You're going to be with me to help raise our grandchildren.'

' Amor I know this is hard but I am just trying to get ready for the worst. Even if I do get the operation done. They might not get it all and I might still have to go through more chemo.'

Amor angrily jumped out of bed while asking her husband not to continue with this conversation. While aggressively wiping away her tears, she did not want to cry but could not help it.

' I already lost one husband and I will not lose another especially to illness and I will never raise my children with Robert. He had his chance years back and he failed to do so. You get that idea of dying out of your head.'

' I just thought since you already had a past with him, he'd be the perfect person to help you when I am gone.'

If looks could kill Caleb would be dead. How could he make such a decision for her without consulting her.

' A painful past that I don't want to remember and you should have come to me first. I am the only one who can decide who I want helping if that was to happen.'

' I know baby and I am really sorry for taking this route but after I speaking to him a month ago, I realized that he meant well and was really a changed man.'

Amor scoffed

' You just met the guy and you think you already know who or what kind of a man he is. I lived with him and I only know what I went through and i will not under any circumstance live with him again.'