XXXVII

' When my guys and I turned you were gone and she was alone. Since I heard her comment I decided to go and shoot my shot. I knew that there was no way she would deny me after that comment. To be honest I just wanted to hit it and quit it but before I could throw my bait, you walked out of the store with heavy bags and boxes and pushing a cart on top of that. I swear it was love at first sight...'

Amor interrupted.

' It was cute and funny how you all ran to help me with my stuff. '

' Yeah chivalry was still cool then. So I saw you and forgot all about your friend and from then I made it my mission to make you mine. So back to how you saved my life. I never told you this but I used to hijack long distance delivery trucks and cars.'

Amor cocked her head to the side upon this revelation. She hadno idea whatsoever. He has told her he was a business man and since she was not really interested, she never questioned him.

'That week we had a job to do with three of my guys but because I had a date with you, I ditched them just to see you. The following day the guy who was standing in for me called me from jail to tell me he was arrested and the two of my guys were shot dead while the other one was in a critical condition in hospital. He died a few days later. That was supposed to be me as Leon took the position I usually took when we did a job. Jerry, who is getting released soon was just a driver.....'

Caleb had asked her out on a date and she agreed just to get him off his back. In addition chose a day she already knew he would be busy, so he would stand her up and she would forget about him and he would give up trying to get with her.

' So you were a criminal and had a girlfriend you were feigning over that I knew nothing about.'

'What girlfriend?'

' Ask your mother.'

Caleb got off the bed a little to quickly trying to stop his wife from leaving and grab into the bed rail when the room started spinning. Amor quickly grabbed him when she turned to find him swaying backwards and helped him back onto the bed. It only had been a day but they were already arguing.

' I should be sick more often if it gets me your attention.'

He laughed but stopped abruptly when his stomach contents came back up to his throat. Amor quickly grabbed him a basin the nurses had left for him if this occured. The nurse walked in immediately after she pressed the call button and attended to him.

' The joys of chemo.'

He joked which Amor returned with half a smile.

' I have to go. You know the girls won't sleep until they are tucked in and  Cj needs to be fed.'

She tried to peck him on the lips but he had to have a make out session with the nurse present.