XXXIX

Amor was woken up by her son crying in his crib next to their bed. She looked over at her husband who was slept so peacefully, he was deaf to their son's screaming fit. He had spent the previous night and day catching up with his friend and ex girlfriend. Amor wanted to kick him out of the bed when he came to sleep at three in the morning. The urge to literally kick out of bed overcame her as she breastfed her son.

' Oh I'm sorry my little prince. You're suffering for the sins of your father.'

She soothed him while rubbing her son's back who had choked on milk as she breastfed him. Caleb was woken up by his coughing and took him from her.

' Shhh.. What happened?'

Amor said nothing and walked out of their bedroom. It was not that she did not want to talk to him but she was more trying to calm herself before saying something she would regret.

' What did I do wrong now?'

Caleb followed her into their daughters bedroom to wake them up and get them ready for school. His tone of questioning angered her further and she walked out of that bedroom too after their daughters were bathing, without a word.

' Amor I'm trying to talk to you. What's your problem. I haven't been home a day and you're acting funny.'

Amor almost spilt her children's cereal when she roughlyplace them on the island. Without a reply she left to go get the girls ready and cane down with them twenty-five minutes later. Caleb was no longer in the kitchen but her mother inlaw was up making breakfast .

' Hey honey. How did you sleep?'

' I slept well. How did you and grandpa sleep. I hope Caleb did not make too much for you with his friends.'

' It's not a problem hun. I just wanted to apologise again for Trina. I really don't know who invited her.'

' Who invited who?'

Caleb asked walking in on their conversation. Amor grabbed her children's backpacks and asked them to follow her and walked out.

' Mma can you tell me what my wife's problem is because I'm clueless.'

' Men!'

His mother walked out shaking her head. He sighed confused and defeated. He hated when Amor gave him the silent treatment and now his mother was in on it. He decided to go talk to his father who was probably having breakfast in the patio with his mother.

' Dad can I talk to you for a second.'

' Go talk to your wife and let us have our breakfast in piece.'

His mother replied before his father could and all he did was shrug his shoulders. Amor walked in just as returned from the patio and started cleaning the kitchen.

' I'm sorry.'

' For what?'

Caleb stood silently for a minute trying to think of what he might have done wrong and not cause anymore problems for himself.

' For sleeping late last night and not helping with our son throughout the night.'

Amor scoffed and grabbed the trash bag to take outside.

' You need to talk to me to know what's wrong bab _ let me help you with that.'

' Go help Trina!'