XLVII

Caleb woke up after he had passed out two hours earlier. His abdomen felt like it was on fire. He had stopped bleeding from his mouth but was still weak and dizzy with blurred vision. He panicked when he noticed that his wife was nowhere around him and the chair she was in was empty. He was still tied up and the ropes were too tight around his wrist but he tried to get lose still.

' Shit!'

He cried out when the ropes dug into his skin and caused more bleeding. He could not help but wonder if Robert was in the navy. The sound of something crashing followed by his wife's screams came from upstairs and he worked harder to get the ropes off. He feared the worst and panicked. Time was of the essence. He stopped when he heard footsteps coming out of one of the rooms then down the stairs. He prayed it was his wife but he was not that lucky.

' Good. You're up. In time for the final show.'

Robert said when he noticed him as he walked down the stairs, putting his belt back on. With a lit cigar on his lips. Caleb felt his heart drop. He could see Amor somewhere upstairs crying her eyes out. He turned when the front door was suddenly opened behind him and Trina walked into the house.

' Are you done with her?'

' Yes. I told you I was going to get what I wanted one way or the other. She's upstairs passed out. Help her get dressed and bring her down here.'

' Robert you got what you wanted. Please just leave her alone. We won't even call the police. You can take whatever you want just please leave.'

Trina looked at him when he pleaded with them. She looked like she was considering him but Robert ignored him and walked into the kitchen.

' Trina please this is not you. Please if you untie me I'll let you go. I won't even mention you to the police please. Just untie me or atleast call the police. You have my phone. You can use it.'

Trina looked at him for a second contemplating what to do and then back at the living room entrance to see if Rob could see her. She took a few steps towards him but stopped when Rob called to her from the kitchen.

' Trina get it done before I tie you too up.'

' Yeah Rob, I just needed to pee. I'm on my way there.'

Trina left and returned a few minutes later with a badly beaten up Amor. Her hands were tied to the back. Caleb noticed her left eye was swollen shut and her clothes were all bloody and torn. Her lip was busted, bleeding and bruised while the were red marks on her body. Trina did not even think to put her in clean clothes he thought. Too weak to fight, Amor let her tie her back up on the chair.

' What kind of a monster are you?! How could you do that to a helpless woman?!'

' Easy I never got my dowry back from her father. In a way she's still mine. I can do whatever the fuck I want to her.'

' I swear I'll kill you!'

Caleb spit in his face and earned himself a punch in the face.