XLI

Amor sat out to cleaning her home after a weeks of it being inhabited, it had become very dusty. Caleb was back at work while the kids were at school. They were still not communicating. She was still not talking to him except the occasional hello and replying to some of his questions. Amor felt that their argument had gone too but she was too proud to say so, he should apologise first is all she wanted.

' Damn why didn't you tell me this place was so dusty before I came in.'

Caleb coughed as he walked into the very dusty house. It was if a monsoon had passed as she dusted everything.

' Caleb you know you've got allergies and we agreed that you and the kids come home after I call you.'

'I thought I could come help since you refused me hiring cleansers but I see you're just left with the kitchen. It too is almost done.'

Caleb said sneezing and coughing. Amor left to get him his allergy medication.

' You shouldn't have come. Now you won't be able to sleep tonight.'

' I'll be fine. What do you need done?'

' I just need you to go fetch my baby's. I'm done here all I need is to put back those dishes and please bring takeaway. I don't think I can start a meal from scratch today.'

' I will do all that but before I do can we talk?'

Amor put the last item back in her fridge before giving all her attention to her husband.

' I just wanted to say I'm sorry for everything that happened that night. I shouldn't have spent so much time with Trina or Jerry and I should definitely have not spent time alone with Trina.'

' It's not about that -'

' Let me finish. I am sorry for being disrespectful to you and our marriage. For keeping secrets and the things I said during our argument. I never meant any of it. To make things clear. Trina is not a factor in my life anymore. You're the only women I see. The only one I find attractive and sexy and no one will ever come between us. There's no one that got away because I put a ring on her. Never again doubt my feelings or love for you.'

' It won't happen again.'

Caleb wiped the tears that were running down her cheeks before kissing her. Amor lay for a second in his arms as he held her. Thinking about everything they had been through and this moment.

' Let me go get the kids before it gets dark. You know how mom hates when I drive at night.'

' Please do. My breasts are killing me. I'm sure Cj is fed up of getting his milk from a bottle.'

' When will I get my babies back though. I miss being able to sleep on them or love on them.'

' You're disgusting go fetch my children and tell your mother I'll see her tomorrow afternoon.'

Caleb kissed her once again before leaving. It was getting dark and Amor was left all alone in the house. Occupied with hanging up her prewashed curtains she did not hear the knock on her front door.