June 14, Prov 4

I was really dizzy last night, so I couldn't concentrate enough to do this. I'm going to get some blood work done sometime in the next few weeks cause there is a possibility I am hypoglycaemic or diabetic, and my low blood sugar levels might be causing the dizzy spells.

I visited my aunt today and I took some pics of her dog, you have to see them!

I've told you a bit about Will, right? We've been texting and FaceTiming a lot, and I told him about this book

I've told you a bit about Will, right? We've been texting and FaceTiming a lot, and I told him about this book. He asked for the link but I obviously didn't give it to him cause it's not just Bible reading, it's my diary too and I'm not going to share that😂. But I did tell him he could help out a bit if he wanted, and he does want too, so I'll continue like before but I'll put what he says in this. Let's get started!

1 Hear, O sons, a father's instruction, and be attentive, that you may gain insight,

2 for I give you good precepts; do not forsake my teaching.

3 When I was a son with my father, tender, the only one in the sight of my mother,
Parents are the first to teach you wisdom, they usually know what they are talking about, so listen to them.

4 he taught me and said to me, "Let your heart hold fast my words; keep my commandments, and live.

5 Get wisdom; get insight; do not forget, and do not turn away from the words of my mouth.
This is a good verse to live by.

6 Do not forsake her, and she will keep you; love her, and she will guard you.
I like this verse.
6-9 kinda compares Wisdom to a wife/women you love. If you embrace her, treat her right, and never forsake her, she will in turn honour you.

7 The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom, and whatever you get, get insight.

8 Prize her highly, and she will exalt you; she will honor you if you embrace her.

9 She will place on your head a graceful garland; she will bestow on you a beautiful crown."
Wisdom will do great things if you let her.

10 Hear, my son, and accept my words, that the years of your life may be many.

11 I have taught you the way of wisdom; I have led you in the paths of uprightness.

12 When you walk, your step will not be hampered, and if you run, you will not stumble.

13 Keep hold of instruction; do not let go; guard her, for she is your life.
Always follow instructions, especially ones God commands lol. Guard it, because wisdom will get you very far in life.

14 Do not enter the path of the wicked, and do not walk in the way of the evil.
Choose wisdom over evil.
This verse is a clear warning to avoid wickedness at all cost.

15 Avoid it; do not go on it; turn away from it and pass on.

16 For they cannot sleep unless they have done wrong; they are robbed of sleep unless they have made someone stumble.
The wicked never tire from doing wicked things.

17 For they eat the bread of wickedness and drink the wine of violence.

18 But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day.

19 The way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know over what they stumble.
I would prefer to walk in the light, how about you?
18-19 shows a big contrast between the wicked and the good. The wicked stumble and fall on their path, because they will always meet and court with danger, and violence.

20 My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings.
Always listen to God's words. Even when sometimes it's hard, or when you think you know better.

21 Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart.
It's easy to lose wise words, hide them in your heart where you can't lose them as easily. Hold them fast for they are life.

22 For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh.

23 Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.
What flows from the heart tells a lot about a person.
Not only should you keep your heart vigilant, but also your mind, and soul. Many things today are meant to distract and turn us from God's word. I'm sure we are all guilty for falling for some of them.

24 Put away from you crooked speech, and put devious talk far from you.

25 Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you.
What's that verse in the New Testament that is similar to this one?

26 Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure.

27 Do not swerve to the right or to the left; turn your foot away from evil.  - Proverbs 4
Straight is the gate and narrow is the way that leads to life, if you stray to the left or right, you may not make it to everlasting life.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for Your many blessings, thank you especially for the health we so easily take for granted. I may not have good health right now, but if it is Your will, I will figure out what is wrong with me and how to fix it soon. Thank you that I could see my aunt today, thank you that her health is improving, please continue to grant her healing that she may enjoy good health. Thank you that my dad is healing as well as he is, please continue to bless his healing as well. Father thank you so much for the Wisdom of Your Word, this chapter is especially full of wisdom. Father please help us hide Your wisdom in our hearts that we may use it to glorify You. Father thank you that Will was able to join me today in studying Your Word, please bless this study and future studies. Father please be near everyone in my prayer journal, please guide them with Your Wisdom, in Jesus's name, Amen

Dear Jesus,
I pray to you today to thank you for another day on this Earth. I thank you for the friends and family I have. I also ask if you can please take care of my family who are in the states. Lord, you control my life and I will follow whatever you point me towards. Please bless the people in my life who have been great, especially Jessica. Please guide me on the right path and lead me away from temptation and sin. In your name I pray, amen.